Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so my friend drives a g37 and he swears that the grounding kit that he has on his car works. We are going to order a set (13 wire kit) and install it on my crosstour, since he's done it for many other people. What do you guys think? Any benefits? Before I try installing it, do you guys think there is any chance it can mess with the car's computer?

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
I’ve seen a few of these. Normally I have seen these on flooded or partially flooded vehicles. This is due to the fact when a vehicle floods, the wiring gets saturated with water and starts corroding internally and many of the circuits lose their OEM ground. In a flooded vehicle, a grounding kit helps solve many electrical gremlins.

Now, they are selling kits that run anywhere from $150 to $200 that run multiple 0 gauge wires around the car using the pitch it will give you more horsepower, and make your vehicle run better. FALSE!!

On a normal car, grounding kits are 70% cosmetic and 30% placebo effect. It will NOT give you any additional horsepower or make your car run any better. If you are worried about a good ground, make sure to clean your battery terminals every 24 months. Notice in the picture all the various RED wires; this is the $175 grounding kit. If you have a corroded battery terminal, all the grounding kits installed on your car won’t do a thing, as every circuit must start and return to the battery.

Honda spent millions and had top electrical engineers design the electrical system on your CT. Do you think they left out all these red wires? Do you think it is really necessary on your CT? Do you think these little no-name companies know more about the electrical system on your CT than Honda? I don’t. SHAM

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you buy that, I'll sell you a throttle body spacer and a fuel molecule aligner as well. You should get a trillion miles per gallon and enough hp to reverse the earth's rotation.

Grounding kits are for ricers, they do about as much as a sticker.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’ve seen a few of these. Normally I have seen these on flooded or partially flooded vehicles. This is due to the fact when a vehicle floods, the wiring gets saturated with water and starts corroding internally and many of the circuits lose their OEM ground. In a flooded vehicle, a grounding kit helps solve many electrical gremlins.

Now, they are selling kits that run anywhere from $150 to $200 that run multiple 0 gauge wires around the car using the pitch it will give you more horsepower, and make your vehicle run better. FALSE!!

On a normal car, grounding kits are 70% cosmetic and 30% placebo effect. It will NOT give you any additional horsepower or make your car run any better. If you are worried about a good ground, make sure to clean your battery terminals every 24 months. Notice in the picture all the various RED wires; this is the $175 grounding kit. If you have a corroded battery terminal, all the grounding kits installed on your car won’t do a thing, as every circuit must start and return to the battery.

Honda spent millions and had top electrical engineers design the electrical system on your CT. Do you think they left out all these red wires? Do you think it is really necessary on your CT? Do you think these little no-name companies know more about the electrical system on your CT than Honda? I don’t. SHAM
Concur! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
its not necessary for a new car. If anything just get bigger ground wire from your chassis to your negative. since most the things are grounded to your chassis. I actually think the ground wire from the chassis is kinda small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts