Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my CT aobut 6 weeks (a little over 4,000 miles) and although I am very satisfied with it, there are a couple of little things I think Honda could have done differently.
1. While driving with the passenger side rear seat down, the whole back window becomes visable. I used to have a Volvo S80 and the rear seat headrests flipped down when not needed for better visability. Honda should do this. The rear headrest block the view.
2. The spring on the little door over the 12v plug is too strong. Difficult to open the door and insert the plug with one hand.
3. On non-nav cars replace the Eco light with fuel mileage guage.
4. On non-nav cars (not sure about nav cars) the driver info line (odometer, trip A and B, Oil lifeand Temp) needs to be two lines or have a button on the steering wheel to mnake scrolling easier.
5. Passenger seat nedds height adjustment (covered in previous thread)

Just wondering if anyone else has any little " design gripes"

·
Registered
668 Posts
All good points, I did notice that when the back seats are flat you have a better field of vision. The information center in the Nav equipment CT's is a lot better but I still do not like the outside temp being on the odometer. ECO light what ECO Light…….:rolleyes:

OH Yea, Still have the C3?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The C3 sits in the garage most of the winter. It is pretty original with about 80,000 miles on it. Put in a new interior a couple years ago. I used to take it car shows and it did well. The A/C died last summer, have to look into that on of these days. Fun car without computers that you can actually work on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hmm.... besides those that you have mentioned, I would have liked the ability to have the back up camera on the non nav model.... definately estimated mpg.

A higher quality sound system, better sub woofer / amp, so you could actually "feel the noise".

The passenger back rest to be heated, instead of just the seat. (also the same adjustable features as the driver seat would be appreciated.)

Trying to think of anything else, that isnt already available as a add-on purchase. Overall I'm still very satisfied with what we got.

·
Registered
152 Posts
1. A midrange control would smooth out the sound. The highs and lows are good, but a solid middle is lacking.

2. A hybrid version. Gas mileage is my only gripe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
- Reclining rear seats (like the CR-V) would have been nice. Especially for taller passengers. I am 6' 4" and can't even think about sitting in the back seat. My neck has to be cocked to sit back there. Somehow the Toyota managed to put reclining rear seats in the Venza.

- A rear seat heater for the leather package would have been a nice option.

Otherwise I am totally satisfied with the Crosstour. Actually, I never sit in the backseat. So, if I take a selfish approach...I wouldn't change a thing. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I have a few gripes for this otherwise very good vehicle.

1) BIGGEST GRIPE-I have 2 young boys, both in booster seats but the seat belt "receiver" is not stationary enough (it flops around when attempting to attach the buckle). My oldest, who easily buckles himself in the XC90, has a hard time in the CT.

2) Full-time AWD would have been nice.

3) Some place to store the cargo panels would have been nice.

4) more power is always a good thing (a turbo maybe?ummmm boost ...)

Overall, though the CT is a nice piece of work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My only complaint about the car is the Hands Free Link does not work well with my Motorola Cliq. I can make calls but receiving them is spotty at best. It will also occasionally cut out in the middle of a call. Other than that, no complaints...I love this car!

·
Registered
668 Posts
The C3 sits in the garage most of the winter. It is pretty original with about 80,000 miles on it. Put in a new interior a couple years ago. I used to take it car shows and it did well. The A/C died last summer, have to look into that on of these days. Fun car without computers that you can actually work on.
Sweet, I like the C3 styling, it always looks mean. My C6 is nice but your right no computer + no traction control= FUN

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C6's look good. Nice ride. Off topic but I just listened to a book while driving _ "All Corvettes are Red" Good story about GM and the development of the C5. Actually as they are testing the car the engineers came up with many little gripes, which prompted me to start this thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Really? I find mine don't get that hot and take a long time to warm up. Of course this is at 20 below!
I have a remote starter, and leave the seat heater on. I've noticed that even after 5+ minutes, the seat is still ice cold. I wonder if the seat starts heating only when you're sitting in it. Pressure sensor? Like the sensor in the passenger seat for the seatbelt light?

·
Registered
56 Posts
When took a test drive a couple weeks ago, it was about 20° (F) and one thing that I did notice was that it took about 15 minutes to have the seats where they were comfortably warm. I know my wife's '05 Pilot definitely heats up much quicker than that. So, I'm not sure if this is the way the CT is or if it something that will improve, with time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lighting behind the rear seats to illuminate the storage compartment.
There are 2 lights in the rear compartment. They are weak, but they do exist. Mine were turned off, so make sure they are on. There are switches, I think they are right under the lights themselves.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Lighting behind the rear seats to illuminate the storage compartment.

There is a light or two lights back there. If memory serves me you have to click the switch on .... this is for an EX-L anyway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is a light or two lights back there. If memory serves me you have to click the switch on .... this is for an EX-L anyway.
There's one on each side of the rear compartment. If you turn them on (the switches are just under the lights) they will go out when yuo close the rear hatch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought of something else I would like to see Honda add- Rain Sensing Wipers. If the Ex-L is a high end car, it needs some high end features.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts