Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new CT owner from Montana. It replaces an 08 EX-L v6 nav. The cars look very similar and the dash is virtually identical (I personally want to thank Honda for not changing much for the sake of change, there is a ton of functionality in this car....who needs to relearn it like MS Windows). The comparison ends right there. I also have an 08 Acura MDX, which I feel is one of the greatest SUV's ever made. The old Accord was the grocery getter and the MDX was the long range cruiser. To me the CT feels very much like the MDX...the only thing I can think of is the seating position/height. The long distance driving comfort level is approaching that of the MDX, which I feel is truly in a class by itself. I am old and big, so the MDX was always my preference for long distance driving. The CT goes a very long way toward bridging the gap between the Accord and the MDX.

I have a racing background and I can be called an ''enthusiastic" driver :D. If someone passes me they are probably going to crash or go to jail. I demand a lot from a car yet I do not abuse it. Honda products deliver that ability in spades!! The AWD is very good in the CT as I have tested it extensively on snow and ice (I have found Toyo Observe studless winter tires to be a very good match for both the MDX and the CT....no, I am not a dealer). While the SH-AWD in the Acura is a world class system, the CT awd does a superb job of pretending to be the same thing......the handling in adverse conditions is quite similar.

I am about to replace my 08 MDX so I looked long and hard and finally found the perfect replacement..........a 2011 MDX. After test driving the new one....it's just about the same but has some new tricks like 6 speed auto and neat little paddle shifters, big hard drive, a few little things like that.....I found on the 250 mile drive home (shame on you Honda/Acura for making Montanans go so far to get an Acura) in the 'old' 08, the 38k mile car felt every bit is solid, responsive, squeak and rattle free and as precise the new one.

This is my first forum adventure, and after reading numerous posts, I can say I am very impressed with the forum itself as well as fellow Honda owners. Lots of great input. I totally agree with the post about crybabies and whiners...in my experience many of them don't even own what they are wailing about.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
welcome glad you enjoy your new ride ! I too have a 07 mdx and i feel the same way,its my wifes but every time i get in it i feel like i am going on a track. And i want to floor it everywhere! I want to upgrade too my wife already told me she will except nothing less than another one ! LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill. Was married at Big Sky 20 some years ago. God's country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smart wife!!!

welcome glad you enjoy your new ride ! I too have a 07 mdx and i feel the same way,its my wifes but every time i get in it i feel like i am going on a track. And i want to floor it everywhere! I want to upgrade too my wife already told me she will except nothing less than another one ! LOL
I honestly couldn't find anything that came close. Ironically, my wife prefers the CT for daily chores and prefers to ride in the MDX and is 100% in favor of getting the 2011. Here in Montana we get to put both cars to ''good use'' regarding performance driving. Some nice hills, curves, ice, snow.....you name it. Both cars actually seem to grin when you wring out their true potential. Brilliant engineering for the buck for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Army Dad

Welcome to the forum Bill. Was married at Big Sky 20 some years ago. God's country.
It really is God's country. Big Sky is a nice area. I live on the Bitterroot River north and west of Big Sky. It's nice country as well. Rest assured your son and our troops get a LOT of support in Big Sky Country. Thanks to you both.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome Bill, good to see some more people with the ability to reason coming in lol

I hope you continue to enjoy both the CT and the site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts