Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the CT in for it's complementary 1000 mile check up late last week. It actuallt had 1700 miles on it because we had been out in Ohio when it hit 1000. We purchased the CT from Shearer Honda in Rutland VT where we had a very good purchasing experience. They have been servicing our 2008 Ridgeline since we moved up to VT 2 years ago and have always done a very good job at a very fair price, so partnering with them on the new CT was logical.
The service was easy to schedule and they were happy to work on the several small issues/concerns we had. You may remember I wrote about a rather soft on-center steering concern I had with the CT. They put it on their state-of-the art alignment rack and did a full 4 wheel alignment check. The CT checked out fine, well within the factory settings and they shared the print out and specs with me. That said, the specs have liitle negative camber and less toe out/in. It is set up "very straight" which is all about higher milage, low tire wear, and low effort steering which trades off against a tighter feel in the straight line. Now that I know the answer, I'm a happy owner.
The other issue was a small lump, about the size of a pencil eraser that appeared in the side bolster of the driver's seat. They took the seat out, removed the cover, found a small lump of misplaced glue, and removed it. They went over the entire car and made sure everything was in good order, washed off a vey thick "Vermont dirt road patina", and had me back on the road in about 2 hours. A very nice experience!
I recommend Shearer very highly.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice report, and happy you have a dealer who works for your business. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts