Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is an upgrade kid for glove box is someone have problem see attached file. the dealer advisor told me need to replace "Striker" that hold the glove box when close the new replacement one is abit shorter now part on order will visit dealer again to install new part.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
My glovebox door was mis-aligned also. Dealer adjusted when I went in for the first service. Much better now, but not quite perfect.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the striker part for the glove box in today now my car at the dealer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My glovebox door was mis-aligned also. Dealer adjusted when I went in for the first service. Much better now, but not quite perfect.

well' am kinda wonder the part call stiker can not be adjust as servide advisor told me must replace new one as upgrade kit can be adjust... unless you have the new striker that can be adjust one thing you can do push and pull to see any play if it does then something is not wright.

·
Registered
184 Posts
well' am kinda wonder the part call stiker can not be adjust as servide advisor told me must replace new one as upgrade kit can be adjust... unless you have the new striker that can be adjust one thing you can do push and pull to see any play if it does then something is not wright.
Were they able to properly align the glove box to the original contours? How satisfied were you with the corrections? Is there a TSB # to reference this complaint?

I am definately going to the dealership tomorrow during my lunch hour. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
.... OK ... So I did visit my local dealership during my lunch hour on Tuesday. However; they said they would not be able to get to my car until way after my lunch hour was over. Fortunatley, the next day was the start of my stay-cation. So I went to the Honda dealership early in the morning (8am) and talked to the service manager about my sagging glove-box situation and referenced this forum about news of a possible fix. He said he would do an investigation, and see what he could find on the subject, but if there is not a completely newly redesigned part built, that replacing it would only result in the same problem. My comment afterwards was that I am confident that there is some type of resolution.

After a brief 1½ hour wait, the service manager comes to me and says, "I definately have good news for you - there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) that indicates your problem." The part I needed was indeed the glove-box striker and was called a "Glove Compartment Update Kit"; however, they did not have the parts in hand and must be ordered. He also stated they are ordering FIVE additional parts in case any other individuals with similar complaints comes to seek resolution. They will contact me when the parts arrive.

I forgot to ask him for the TSB #, but I will hopefully remember to ask next time and post.

... Anyone else in Houston, TX with the same sagging glove-box issue?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
it took him an hour and a half to tell you there is a bulletin i could have told you that in 2 seconds. if i had a scaner i would copy it for all of you the part they need to order is
PARTS INFORMATION:​
Part Number Description Quantity
77541-TA5-A00​
Glove Box Striker​

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
the bulletin number is
IX-13-10 it may be differant in the U.S. but that is from a canadian bulletin.

·
Registered
184 Posts
it took him an hour and a half to tell you there is a bulletin i could have told you that in 2 seconds. if i had a scaner i would copy it for all of you the part they need to order is
PARTS INFORMATION:​
Part Number Description Quantity

77541-TA5-A00

Glove Box Striker​
Yup!... an hour and a half... It did give me time to go across the street to Starbucks. Victor was mad that I dragged him along with me in the Texas heat. :eek:

But now ... for some odd reason ... I am craving a cheeseburger.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the delay i was out of town,,,

got the part replaced but still not 100% alignment still noticeable Oh well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry for the delay i was out of town,,,

got the part replaced but still not 100% alignment still noticeable Oh well.
I saw your 'before' photos showing the gap ... do you per chance have any 'after' photos? Perhaps the difference is larger than you think.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I saw your 'before' photos showing the gap ... do you per chance have any 'after' photos? Perhaps the difference is larger than you think.

her picture with new part replaced its about the same just a bit better.
still diapoint but sometime we have to live with it nothing we can do :( :(

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I called the dealership to see if the parts where in - and they are. I can't do it on the weekday because of work schedule, but they told me to bring it in on Saturday Afternoon... I'll be sure to post 'before' and 'after' photos once completed.

I have to admit that my sagging glove-box resembles that of a mini-grand canyon ... and I noticed that the sagging is avericiously pronounced in hot weather. And after saying that, the thermometer has been hitting the tripple digits for the past three months here in Houston.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just like Veasnalong... there is a slight improvement, but it's not enough to really make me happy. In fact, I'm disappointed. I was expecting fireworks ... but got a stale black-cat instead. You know... the kind that go "Ffffthp!" instead of "POP!" :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts