Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 2010 and has 140,000 miles. Do not know when tires were replaced as we have just purchased the car. The tires are Michelin 225/60/18 and the ware depth marks are still visible. Just wondering what leeway I have for size. The tires we want are not available at this time. I know Michelin have a reputation to being very true without much wheel balancing. Have any of you purchased tires of various sizes with good results. We are mainly wanting quite ride and good lifetime.
Suggestions are appreciated.
Prof.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The car is a 2010 and has 140,000 miles. Do not know when tires were replaced as we have just purchased the car. The tires are Michelin 225/60/18 and the ware depth marks are still visible. Just wondering what leeway I have for size. The tires we want are not available at this time. I know Michelin have a reputation to being very true without much wheel balancing. Have any of you purchased tires of various sizes with good results. We are mainly wanting quite ride and good lifetime.
Suggestions are appreciated.
Prof.
I put Yokohama Geolanders, 265/60/18 on about a year ago. Love them, quiet, great in the snow. I had same tires on my Silverado.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own a 2015 X-Tour EX-L V6. Great car. It had tiger paws that were now 7 years old (only 43K miles). In Arizona, it is best to change after 7 years as the heat kills the rubber and you get blow outs.
I check Consumer Reports and they had a great review of tires. I picked All Season Car Tires the top rated General Altimax RT43 (80,000). These were ordered by Pep-Boys and installed by them in less than a week. Not a problem. Michelin Defender was rated next, but of course were more expensive. Costco has Michelin on sale now with $150 back if you decide to go there. Your not going wrong with either of those picks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I own a 2015 X-Tour EX-L V6. Great car. It had tiger paws that were now 7 years old (only 43K miles). In Arizona, it is best to change after 7 years as the heat kills the rubber and you get blow outs.
I check Consumer Reports and they had a great review of tires. I picked All Season Car Tires the top rated General Altimax RT43 (80,000). These were ordered by Pep-Boys and installed by them in less than a week. Not a problem. Michelin Defender was rated next, but of course were more expensive. Costco has Michelin on sale now with $150 back if you decide to go there. Your not going wrong with either of those picks.
I've had those Altimax on previous Hondas a number of times and I was very happy with them.
7 Years?!?! That's amazing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Love Yokohoma tires. I have the Yokohoma Advid GT Awesome tires.
I just bought these for my 2013 Crosstour EX V6. Love them so far. Quieter than my previous two sets of Michelins.

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts