Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was attending a wedding last weekend in Montreal and after the wedding the usual 5 kilometer drive to the banquet hall involved stop and go driving and a lot of honking.

My horned stop honking after a couple of kilometres.........weird........got on the highway in the direction of the hall and discovered that my traction control light came on............weird.....driving on asphalt...dry asphalt HMMMMMMM?????? and stayed on until I shut the car off at the hall.

After the reception I got in the car to return to the hotel, started the car and attempted to put it in drive and the shifter was locked in P!!!!!!!

I removed the cover to acces the shift lock release and managed to get back to my hotel.

I checked my manual (fuses) to see where and what size fuse, the horn and brake are on the same fuse (starting to make sense) and the fuse size is 20 amp.

Back out to the car to check the fuse, it was blown and get this, there was a 7,5 amp in it, not a 20 as staed on the fuse cover. The dealer was contacted and they had no idea what could have happened and said they would check there cars to make sure they had the right fuse in the slot.

I figured I'd pass this info along to anyone interested in checking theres, the fuse box is on the right side of the motor (when standing faced to the car) it is in a cluster with a 15-15-15-spare-20-20 (the first 20 is the one you want)

Wayne

·
Registered
621 Posts
Fascinating...

And kudos to you for having the piece of mind to do some detective work yourself! I'd hate to think how long a dealer would have a car and how much they would charge to figure out a similar problem.

;)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
couple of signs when you think of honking !

·
Registered
172 Posts
...I checked my manual (fuses) to see where and what size fuse, the horn and brake are on the same fuse (starting to make sense) and the fuse size is 20 amp.

Back out to the car to check the fuse, it was blown and get this, there was a 7,5 amp in it, not a 20 as stated on the fuse cover. The dealer was contacted and they had no idea what could have happened and said they would check there cars to make sure they had the right fuse in the slot.

I figured I'd pass this info along to anyone interested in checking theirs, the fuse box is on the right side of the motor (when standing faced to the car) it is in a cluster with a 15-15-15-spare-20-20 (the first 20 is the one you want)

Wayne
Thank you for sharing this, Wayne.

~Patty

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've popped two fuses *7.5* (one right after the other) while installing LED replacement bulbs for the interior lights. The interior light fuse is located in the engine compartment as well ... and I never bothered to verify ALL the fuse ampers and their associated slots. I will definatly scrutinize my horn usage. :D

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
Wow... thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts