Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first acquired my CT, I was told by my dealership that there were only 4 slots into which a TMPS code could be inserted into (1 for every wheel). This suggested that whenever you swap summer for winter rims/tires with TPMS, you would need to reflash the sensors to enter 4 new codes. Some manufacturers and even within Honda, have 8 designated slots to enter such codes (4 for winter and 4 for summer), turns out the CT is one of them, contrary to 2 Honda dealerships I checked with.

I just swapped my summer for winter rims/tires and each set has its own dedicated set of sensors mounted on the rims. Despite doing the swap, no TPMS sensor is flashing on the dash thus suggesting that the CT has 8, not 4, slots for TPMS codes within its ECU, as long as they were flashed at least once, you should be good to go.

I am not impressed about the lack of knowledge bout such technical details, unless it 's a sales pitch to ensure customers go and see them twice a year, pay $10/tire to flash 'em thereby taking the dealer 's word as gospel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: my mistake, the TPMS dash light came on today...a full day after installing the new rims/tires, odd that it took so long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts