Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 2010 CT in to check out why it was pulling to the left and as I suspected it was a wheel alignment. The Service Tech also let me know the rear axle where it goes into the differential was leaking and needed to be repaired. He also told me that it was covered under warranty and would need to order the part. I asked if this was common with the CT and he stated no just one of those things. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Sorry to hear about your seal leak. I am not aware of this being a problem with this car. For that matter, this is the first time I have heard of an inner axle seal leaking on a CT.

Things break, which is why we have a warranty.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, you know what they say $it happens. Ancona Honda has always been pretty good about repair work.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's it. Chef, order that NSX today.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You guys with the leak, does it drip on the ground or do you need to see it from underneath to notice the leak? I want to make sure to look and mention it to my mechanic at my next oil change. (My mechanic lets me get under my cars and look around. :) )

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys with the leak, does it drip on the ground or do you need to see it from underneath to notice the leak? I want to make sure to look and mention it to my mechanic at my next oil change. (My mechanic lets me get under my cars and look around. :) )

I had no Drips.....Garage floor is clean

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had no Drips.....Garage floor is clean
Chef,
Is yours the AWD or the FWD? which side was the leak on?

My CT is a 2010 w/ 23k miles on it and I haven't had any issues yet. However, recently I was in an accident where I was forced off the road and I hit a curb pretty hard. My car still drives the same, but I'm sure that there is still something that won't show up until attrition sets in.

I may have to trade in my be-loved CT before it's time. :(

but I've decided that I may get an Acura TL, or just wait until my 36k/3yr warrenty is up and pick up a 2013 CT ... I have the extended warrenty, but I'd rather get a rebate on that and use it to buy the extended on the next vehicle.

... God, I hate being upside-down on a vehicle payment, but what does one do in these circumstances?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts