Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the issue of noticing their Fuel tank door is not flush with the car? This is starting to get annoying to me. I had Honda to take a look at it and adjust it when I bought it. Now it's popping out a little again. Am I just to damn picky or has anyone on this site noticed this as well???? I've noticed other vehicles and their tank doors or flush with the car. I've also seen other CT and they do not have this problem. But I did see one drive by the other day and it looked like the same problem I'm having.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't notice any issue with this fuel door.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine is flush.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is flush. I went through a car wash awhile back and the pressure of the brushes was enough to pop it open. When I saw it I thought it would be out be out of alignment and not flush,but it is still ok. I now lock the doors in a car wash.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is flush. I went through a car wash awhile back and the pressure of the brushes was enough to pop it open. When I saw it I thought it would be out be out of alignment and not flush,but it is still ok. I now lock the doors in a car wash.
This is a GREAT tip.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We noticed this too on our CT. It's not noticeable when viewing from the side, but very noticeable when viewing it from a rear angle...especially when the sun hits it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We noticed this too on our CT. It's not noticeable when viewing from the side, but very noticeable when viewing it from a rear angle...especially when the sun hits it.
I feel if you're paying this much for a car there should not be any flaws. I am taking my car back to Honda once again for them to get it right! I hate the door looking pop out or does not look all the way flush with the car. They told me they replaced it the first time. But I think they just adjusted the door. Now it's back to the way it was when I purchase it new, and they told
me they would fix the issue.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jed, I can honestly say, the amount paid for these cars isn't that much in today's market. When a 1/2 ton pickup truck can sell for $70,000 and still be just a truck, dollar amount has started to mean nothing in the realm of quality.

I believe Honda has always set the bar realatively high though. Having a few minor things slip through the cracks is bound to happen. There are car companies that send vehicles out with misaligned body panels, paint that doesn't match (ass camaro owners about that one), known defects and recalls, all kinds of stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts