Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but there appears to be very little information on replacing a CT fuel filter on this forum. Is that because it is in the fuel tank?

Our 2010 AWD CT with approx. 142k miles occasionally struggles to reach normal idle. I start the car and it runs rough for a moment below 1k RPM before 'breaking through' and idling normally at 1k RPM. I believe this occurs when the air temperature is cooler (less than 65 degrees).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've searched but there appears to be very little information on replacing a CT fuel filter on this forum. Is that because it is in the fuel tank?

Our 2010 AWD CT with approx. 142k miles occasionally struggles to reach normal idle. I start the car and it runs rough for a moment below 1k RPM before 'breaking through' and idling normally at 1k RPM. I believe this occurs when the air temperature is cooler (less than 65 degrees).

Thoughts?
The fuel filter is in the tank. Unless someone played a mean trick and poured dirt in your tank, it's rare that this "lifetime" filter needs replacing.
When issues like this happen, I start simple then work to the more difficult solutions. Do you have a check engine light on?
  1. Clean Air Filter
  2. Clean the (MAF) Mass Airflow Sensor with a few short bursts directly into the electrodes with some CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner. Let dry and install.
  3. Air intake tube is crack free and clamps tight.
  4. New Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (NGK or Denso).
  5. Test Coil Packs
  6. O2 sensors are working properly.
  7. PCV valve replaced
  8. New or clean EGR valve and clean passages.
  9. Use only Top Tier 87 Octane Fuel.
  10. I'd disable the VCM.
From this point, I'm looking for clogged vtec (vvt) filter screens and replacing both vtec solenoid assemblies.
Maybe fuel pressure but these things are usually preceded by a check engine light. Cleaning a MAF can do wonders.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel filter is in the tank. Unless someone played a mean trick and poured dirt in your tank, it's rare that this "lifetime" filter needs replacing.
When issues like this happen, I start simple then work to the more difficult solutions. Do you have a check engine light on?
  1. Clean Air Filter
  2. Clean the (MAF) Mass Airflow Sensor with a few short bursts directly into the electrodes with some CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner. Let dry and install.
  3. Air intake tube is crack free and clamps tight.
  4. New Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (NGK or Denso).
  5. Test Coil Packs
  6. O2 sensors are working properly.
  7. PCV valve replaced
  8. New or clean EGR valve and clean passages.
  9. Use only Top Tier 87 Octane Fuel.
  10. I'd disable the VCM.
From this point, I'm looking for clogged vtec (vvt) filter screens and replacing both vtec solenoid assemblies.
Maybe fuel pressure but these things are usually preceded by a check engine light. Cleaning a MAF can do wonders.
Very helpful, thank you.

No check engine light on. Air filter is fine. I'll clean the MAF and throttle, inspect the air intake, and examine the plug from cylinder #3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts