Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slid into a curb two days ago. Hit the left font wheel square on. Pulled the camber way in. Got it up on my dad’s lift today and found the dust shield and sway bar are bent. That and some scratches seem to be all the damage. Has anyone replaced their front sway bar? Definitely going to upgrade the links. But wondering if it’s worth my time to try and do it at home or pay the honda shop. It looks tight to get that thing out and in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've done it on a Civic before. The exhaust had to be dropped. There was no way to slide it through. If you have AWD, I'd expect that the drive shaft would have to come out too.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
I replaced the front sway bar with an Acura thicker bar. I have a lift. From what I remember, I removed both front wheels, removed the old bar by snaking it through and then installed the new bar the same way. Point of caution. It is possible to install the bar upsidedown. If you do, it will hit on something. Make sure you orient the bar before you install. Total time to install was a bit over an hour, but that allowed for beer breaks with buddies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the front sway bar with an Acura thicker bar. I have a lift. From what I remember, I removed both front wheels, removed the old bar by snaking it through and then installed the new bar the same way. Point of caution. It is possible to install the bar upsidedown. If you do, it will hit on something. Make sure you orient the bar before you install. Total time to install was a bit over an hour, but that allowed for beer breaks with buddies.
Honda store quoted 3.5 hr for it, so I was worried it was really difficult to get in there. Also looked like the rear bolts for the bushings are a pita to get to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done it on a Civic before. The exhaust had to be dropped. There was no way to slide it through. If you have AWD, I'd expect that the drive shaft would have to come out too.
It didn’t appear like the drive shaft was in the way. Looked more like the subframe might have to lowered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts