Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Front brakes on 2013 making noise

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  5J6Cross4wd 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've had the 2013 V6 Ex-L 4wd for over a month now. I've been hearing this clunking noise everytime im on full stop. When i let go of the brakes it makes this clunking sound like i've had the car for a long time. But when i brake hard its gone. I only hear it when im full stop and letting go of the brake. Anyone has this issue?

#3 ·
I had a similar noise on my 2003 Honda Accord LX when it was nearly new.

Turned out to be a loose pivot bolt on the front suspension, not something you want to ignore for very long....

Dealer took care of it right away and double checked my alignment afterwards...

#5 ·
Well they checked it and they said they can't find anything. They can't replicate the sound. I have noticed when its hot outside and used it alot, it makes the noise. The tech said its a normal sound when the calipers clamp on the rotor. But the time i went the weather was cold. I've noticed to that the stock rotors on these cars are small. Specially for a heavy car. Imm try to go to another dealer and see if they can see any other issue. This car needs brembos!

#6 ·
Hi OP,

I have the 2014 V6 EX-L w/ Navi, and (I think) I had a similar experience as you, though I don't think there's anything to worry about (especially if you've already went to the dealer to check it out).

I bought my (new) CT in Dec. of 13. and at the time, almost every time I stopped at a red light, it would make this grinding noise when I released the brakes (but NOT when I Engage the brakes to slow down).

In fact, the more slowly and gently I am to release the Brakes, the more likely the sound... (it sounds like metal on metal grinding).

This is indeed the brakes in action, and I believe it is mainly because they're new...
After a few months of driving and a few occasions when I pushed the breaks to the limit (Late night mountain driving [rally style] where I could smell the brakes after about 30 mins of hard acceleration and deceleration through corners)

Today (just under 6 months since I bought the car), I hear this noise ONLY when I go to the car wash, and the Brakes get wet... and then the disks slip a little when I gently let go of the brakes (same as above).

Side Note:
I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but the V6 has a pretty high idle RPM / Power. I don't know how much more it is compared to the V4 CT, but as compared to V4 of other cars / suv I've driven, this thing will definitely wants to go forward.

That said, I'm not sure if a V4 CT will even have the power to make the Brakes slip under light pressure... so unless you have the V6, you might not ever hear this noise.

Anyway, give it time, and or find an empty stretch of highway and build up some speed, then brake firmly (but not an emergency brake maneuver), and that will probably smooth out the surfaces of the brakes to eliminate the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.