Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my foglight on passengers side of my 2011 Crosstour.

the dealer says the bumper has to be pulled to do it.
has anyone done this, and how hard is it?
Also do i have to worry about messing with the airbag sensors?

thanks for now

Jazzpurr

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do you need to replace the housing or just the bulb?

If it's just the bulb then the procedure is outlined in the owner's manual. It requires removing the front wheel on the respective side and the plastic inside the wheel-well to gain access to the back of the fog light.

If you need to replace the whole fog light housing, then yes, the front bumper needs to be removed. However, there are no sensors you need to worry about. Just approximately 3 dozen fasteners around the bumper and along the underside. Then the whole bumper comes off and you can unbolt the fog lights.

(That said, that is the "official" method for changing out the fog light housing, it may very well be possible to do it through the wheel well, but I haven't tried.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need to replace the housing or just the bulb?

If it's just the bulb then the procedure is outlined in the owner's manual. It requires removing the front wheel on the respective side and the plastic inside the wheel-well to gain access to the back of the fog light.

If you need to replace the whole fog light housing, then yes, the front bumper needs to be removed. However, there are no sensors you need to worry about. Just approximately 3 dozen fasteners around the bumper and along the underside. Then the whole bumper comes off and you can unbolt the fog lights.

(That said, that is the "official" method for changing out the fog light housing, it may very well be possible to do it through the wheel well, but I haven't tried.)
thanks Xaque, i may start with going through the wheel well first.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That seems a bit overly complicated... and I had to do NONE of that to replace the bulb on the passenger side :eek:

If it's just the bulb, there is a flexible rubber flap just below the foglight, remove the two "quick-clips" and just bend the flap back | away to access the bulb.

That's all you gotta' do... :)

The Driver's side is the complicated one, which involves turning the wheel to the right, removing a screw and a quick-clip along the front side of the wheel-well cover and bending it out of the way also.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts