Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys just picked up my 2012 CT EX, white pearl on black. Its the 4 cyl 2wd model which is perfect for what I use it for. I love it so far and have had zero complaints expect for fog lights.

The EX model that I got did not come with the factory fog lights, it came with the plastic cover which sucks. I asked my dealer rep how much to have them installed he gave me a rough estimate of $600. I think thats crazy if you ask me. So i have been researching putting the fogs in myself. The biggest question I have is does the EX model that doesnt have fog have the factory wire harness for the fogs? I plan on putting the fogs in with HIDs so the factory bulb would not be used or even the wiring harness for that matter, but i wanted to see if it is already there.

I took a look under the hood and I do see an empty brown connector but im not sure if its for the fog lights or not.

Just some basic info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
An easy way to do it is using a relay and connection them to the low beam of the headlights. All you need is the fogs, inserts for the bumper, brackets and pigtails. If you are familiar with wiring, it's easy. If not, let a pro do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds easy enough, I think i'm going to just give them a separate power and switch so i can have them on or off independently.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you use a switch, go ahead and hook them into your low beams, that way you won't leave them on by accident. Also in many places it is illegal to run fogs with hi beams.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The wiring for the fogs are there. I added factory fogs to my 2010 accord coupe. You can also buy the factory switch which installs where headlight switch is now just swap it out it's about 25 bucks for the factory switch from dealer very easy to swap out. That will also activate the foglight indicator on the instument cluster when they are on you can get a set of lights on eBay for around 90 bucks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Kinduve a tangent on this subject of fog lights, but I remember as a kid that fog lights were always that amber / yellow color. Now day's you rarely see them that color, just the white ? Anyone know why the manufacturer's got away from the amber/yellow colored lights?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know how to have the fog lights on independently with the stock wiring any information would be greatly appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts