Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back at the beginning of January I posted that I was about to drive from New Hampshire to Key West and thus would have an opportunity to really evaluate my relatively new purchase (October 2010...awd CT) and would report back on what I found.

Well, I'm back in the frigid north and here is what the wife and I noted during the 3200 + mile round trip. The Crosstour performed flawlessly whether we were crossing the Jersey Turnpike amid a snowstorm or whether driving around Ket West when it was 82 degrees. The ride was extremely smoothe and exceptionally quiet....thanks in part to the satellite radio.

I experienced something like 30.5 mpg during the trip which was, of course, a dramatic improvement over my 4Runner which never got over 19 mpg even during extended runs on cruise control.

The biggest and most appreciated surprise though were the seats...simply wonderful. Normally on these trips we tend to drive 500 miles per day, taking our time, stopping for lunch, dinner and sleep and making the trip in 3 plus days one way (1697 miles door to door). But this time a family emergency resulted in the need for us to get back in two days.

So, after driving 680 miles the first day of our return, we really pushed it on the second day with the minimum of stops for gas and food. We made it home in a straight run of 17 hours covering just over 1000 miles. During that time I never felt a problem in my back (typical with ALL previous cars after about 500 miles). Needless to say I am sold on this vehicle.

As I approach getting my first oil change the indicator is telling me I still have 40% life in my oil and I am at 6700 miles. I will be taking it to the dealer and have nothing, repeat NOTHING that needs fixing , adjusting etc. Great vehicle

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great write-up and much appreciated. However, if you still have 40% oil life left, then you aren't anywhere close to getting your first oil change! Don't waste the money to get the oil changed early.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice write up. I agree with you on the seats, no pain or fatigue after a good hike in the vehicle.

Two of my brothers sat in the seat just taking a look at it. Both remarked that the seat was great and the lumbar support was hitting right where it should. And that is a first impression just opening the door and sitting down.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice write up. I agree with you on the seats, no pain or fatigue after a good hike in the vehicle.

Two of my brothers sat in the seat just taking a look at it. Both remarked that the seat was great and the lumbar support was hitting right where it should. And that is a first impression just opening the door and sitting down.
I find even the back seats are probably the most comfortable I've ever sat in. My wife and I are thinking we should somehow try to get Lazyboy and Honda to work together to make a reclining sofa and club chair out of the Crosstour seats!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Impressive and encouraging write-up! I'm still doing nickel-and-dime around town stuff, but am looking forward to doing some regional touring this spring and summer.

I've noticed the driver's seat "breaking in" a bit and becoming more comfortable. The first CT I sat in on a sales lot had gotten a LOT of test driving, and the seat kind of "hugged" you once it was set right, and I really liked that. When I got in my brand-spanking-new CT, I noticed that I was more-or-less sitting "on top" of the seat panels. FWIW I thought that was a *good* sign of a seat that's well-made for the long haul - and perhaps might have been influenced by my experience with having a custom seat made for my motorcycle, which also took about 500 miles to break in.

I was on a date last week (the first where I picked her up) and apologized for the seat being less than plush - that it was still in the break-in period. In fact, I told her that she was my first real passenger so the seat might need adjustment. She took one long whiff of that new car smell, took in the leather interior, smiled and said "this is just fine". 'Nuff said.

:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I love the seat too, They are like a big couch. My wife on the other hand does not like the seats. Can't please eveyone

·
Registered
56 Posts
In our test drives, my wife found that she doesn't like the position of the head-rest since it's at the back of her head, instead of the neck. I'm 6'4" and it's just right for me.
Oh well, this is going to be 'my' car, anyway... ;-)

- Tim

·
Registered
291 Posts
Of course, the head rest is, in fact, not a rest at all, and therefore should never be positioned to be at the back of your neck for comfort. It should always be positioned to the center of the back of the head or slightly higher. Never lower. Placing the head restraint (what it is really, not a head rest) too low, like in your neck, will result in whiplash injury or worse as your head rolls over the top of the restraint in a rear-end collision.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Ian. You're exactly right. My brain cramp..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts