Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put 6000 miles on the crosstour, and I decided to rotate the tires. As normal when I rotate the tires I take the chance to clean the rims inside and out and clean the wheel wells. After using a sponge and car wash soap I washed the suspension and the wheel wells. 2 days later I had noticed some of the flat black paint was coming off. It this a common problem? I can certainly use some good undercoating to coat the wheel wells, but I've never had this problem on other cars.

This is florida only car, no salt or dirt/stones have been kicked up.

Thanks.

Ryan

·
Registered
594 Posts
Exactly what flat black paint are you referring to? Could you take a pic? I don't have flat black paint in the wheel wells, just black plastic... My car is black so maybe I just don't notice what you're referring to lol...

·
Registered
534 Posts
There's definately no black paint on our wheels, unless you just had a TON of brake dust for some odd reason.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get a picture tonight so you can see, the car is silver, so the silver base is showing through the black paint in this location on both the drivers and passenger side.

Not the wheels themselves but the front of the wheel well opening on the rear wheels. I put an arrow on a stock photo.

Maybe I am missing some plastic that should go there, but only the rears of my rear openings are covered in plastic. I do have a 2wd, but that should not change anything.

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture of the left rear wheel well. This is the front of the opening. Please disregard the dirty pic, it was raining today when my wife was driving.

Ryan

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here is a picture of the left rear wheel well. This is the front of the opening. Please disregard the dirty pic, it was raining today when my wife was driving.

Ryan
Something is not right. My rims are all silver, No paint at all. Did the dealer do something? I would bring it back and look at other CT's to see what they look like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, my wording was not correct, the wheel wells, not the wheel itself. See the silver paint coming through where the black paint is wearing off.

I'll look at others and see what they look like and if this is normal, I'll just put some good black undercoating on it. I hate to clean the car and have the wheel wells look dirty like they have never been cleaned.

Ryan

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'll look at ours tonight, but I haven;t noticed any issues when I wash it, and that's one of the harder spots because of the door. I'd just go pick up some duplicolor beliner spray, mask off the door, pop the wheel off, and re-coat it

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry, my wording was not correct, the wheel wells, not the wheel itself. See the silver paint coming through where the black paint is wearing off.

I'll look at others and see what they look like and if this is normal, I'll just put some good black undercoating on it. I hate to clean the car and have the wheel wells look dirty like they have never been cleaned.

Ryan
OH, I see said the Blind Man to his Deaf Wife. I'll look when I get off work

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was thinking about the openings in the wheel spoke, not the actual inner fender lol. And we don't have any signs of that on ours, but I've had many other cars that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts