Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Pearl White and I was trying to get my bike in the back without scratching my bumper! I manage to get the bike in half way and decided to take it out before I damage something. I guess I will have to wait until my vehicle is much older before trying to haul a bike in the back of my nice new cargo area? Lol..... I got out the Ford Ranger and threw my bike in the back of it.... How do the rest of you manage to get a bike in the back without scratching your car up:confused: I know some of you have bike racks. I do not want that on the back of my CT. As you can see I don't like scratches;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a mountain bike that I had to take the front wheel off for it to fit in m CT. Unless your bike is smaller, it should not fit due to the "cross" created by the handle bar and wheel. With the front wheel off, I just place the rear in first, letting the rear wheel slide behind the rear of the drivers seat. It's cumbersome...it's one of the reasons why I just bought a new '11 Pilot :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
How apropos! Here is my Crosstour at this very moment!

(The hardest part is being able to hold the bike out infront of oneself as it is eased into the cargo area.)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How apropos! Here is my Crosstour at this very moment!

(The hardest part is being able to hold the bike out infront of oneself as it is eased into the cargo area.)
I see you had to take the front wheel off as well. I thought I could fit the mountain bike in without taking the front wheel off. Today I am taking ibuprofen due to a pain in the center of my back. Lol.... trying to lift the bike into the car with out scratching the vehicle.:eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't buy the Crosstour until I was sure I could get my road bike in the back laying down flat. It fits. I back it in and have the handlebars on the right. It's not as easy as it was to get in my RAV4 but as long as I put it in rear tire first it works fine. I don't want to scratch the bumper either so I throw a blanket over the bumper while the bike is going in or out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Pearl White and I was trying to get my bike in the back without scratching my bumper! I manage to get the bike in half way and decided to take it out before I damage something. I guess I will have to wait until my vehicle is much older before trying to haul a bike in the back of my nice new cargo area? Lol..... I got out the Ford Ranger and threw my bike in the back of it.... How do the rest of you manage to get a bike in the back without scratching your car up:confused: I know some of you have bike racks. I do not want that on the back of my CT. As you can see I don't like scratches;)
I don't have a bike yet, but plan on getting two. I'm not hot on buying and installing a roof-rack and if I decide to haul both my bike and my boyfriend's bike ... I certainly can't just toss them in the rear.

My idea was to install a rear tow-hitch (preferably OEM) and then using a Hitch-mount bike rack instead. Not to mention, a hitch seems to have more practical uses than a roof-rack.

I know you don't need to have an OEM hitch - an aftermarket costs much less, but have you considered that route?

·
Registered
172 Posts
^I'd like to have the tow hitch bike rack too. Then I could take my bike and my boyfriend's and still have all the cargo space. Haven't needed it yet, though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
^I'd like to have the tow hitch bike rack too. Then I could take my bike and my boyfriend's and still have all the cargo space. Haven't needed it yet, though.
... Haven't needed the cargo space, bike, or tow hitch?

but I have a feeling that our problems are mutual... I haven't gotten the tow hitch because I don't have a bike rack. I haven't gotten the bike rack because I haven't got the bike .... I haven't got the bike because I haven't had the motivation to do any exorcise.

So now you know the TRUE source of my problem. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
Both of my large 29er's fit, just have to drop the seat post a couple inches to clear the pillars. When I put them in, I tilt the bike @ 45+ degrees, line the wheels up along the drive side pillar, roll it back it (making sure the seat clears the headliner) and gradually bring the handlebars down. Takes a few times to get the hang of it... no paint scratches so far.

I can fit my bike and my girlfriend's in at the same time; just have to remove her front wheel.

I invested in a hitch rack as well to give me more cargo room and for less time messing around to drive to the multitude of local trails near me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
... Haven't needed the cargo space, bike, or tow hitch?

but I have a feeling that our problems are mutual... I haven't gotten the tow hitch because I don't have a bike rack. I haven't gotten the bike rack because I haven't got the bike .... I haven't got the bike because I haven't had the motivation to do any exorcise.

So now you know the TRUE source of my problem. :rolleyes:
I haven't needed the cargo space yet when I've taken the bike in the Crosstour. That's my photo of my red bike in the back of the blue Crosstour, above. I either ride my bike or use the elliptical at the gym for my cardio exercise. Right now, it's hot so the gym wins. I can't stand the elliptical without my iPod and Kindle to pass the time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Takes a few times to get the hang of it... no paint scratches so far.

I can fit my bike and my girlfriend's in at the same time; just have to remove her front wheel.
That would also be my problem... chances are that i'll scuff the interior, tear some fabric or scratch the paint the first time around ... just to try and figure out if I can do it.

I need to get a bike and install a hitch before the end of fall... It's too hot in Texas right now to think about bikeriding ... 100+ is ithe forecast all this week. I saw 107 today and I think I just heard a cactus scream.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I haven't needed the cargo space yet when I've taken the bike in the Crosstour. That's my photo of my red bike in the back of the blue Crosstour, above. I either ride my bike or use the elliptical at the gym for my cardio exercise. Right now, it's hot so the gym wins. I can't stand the elliptical without my iPod and Kindle to pass the time.
Ok.. so then our problems aren't mutual... I'm just lazy. :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't buy the Crosstour until I was sure I could get my road bike in the back laying down flat. It fits. I back it in and have the handlebars on the right. It's not as easy as it was to get in my RAV4 but as long as I put it in rear tire first it works fine. I don't want to scratch the bumper either so I throw a blanket over the bumper while the bike is going in or out.

Ok... I will give it a try again next weekend. I think having to deal with all those blankets is annoying...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both of my large 29er's fit, just have to drop the seat post a couple inches to clear the pillars. When I put them in, I tilt the bike @ 45+ degrees, line the wheels up along the drive side pillar, roll it back it (making sure the seat clears the headliner) and gradually bring the handlebars down. Takes a few times to get the hang of it... no paint scratches so far.

I invested in a hitch rack as well to give me more cargo room and for less time messing around to drive to the multitude of local trails near me.

I forgot to mention that I have the Tan/Cream interior...gets nerve wrecking trying not to dirty the sidings.:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok... I will give it a try again next weekend. I think having to deal with all those blankets is annoying...
The blankets don't bother me. I used them in my ivory interior RAV4 before the Crosstour. No biggie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts