Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us got the new Firmeware updated regarding MIL Comes On With DTC P2118 " Service Bulletin 11-011 " ???

just hopping we all can share and keep everyone up to date.

thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have not received any mailing regarding updates... I only know about it from this forum.

·
Registered
668 Posts
MIL Comes On With DTC P2118 " Service Bulletin 11-011 "
Plain English Please, I have not freaking Idea what DTC is

·
Registered
237 Posts
I called the service center... and they said that they would only apply the update if my service engine light was on and that the corresponding code on the diagnostic was the P2118. Otherwise they said they wouldn't update my ecm until a light came on... despite having crappy gas mileage.. for it may make things worse. What - did Microsoft make the update? How could it make it worse?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's what they told me too. Said it may change all my settings -locks and such. Well, that seems fixable. I think it's worth the chance if it increase milage by a couple of numbers. But again, don't even know if this fixes milage or not. I'd think however, if there is an update available you should be able to go in and get it no questions asked.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's what they told me too. Said it may change all my settings -locks and such. Well, that seems fixable. I think it's worth the chance if it increase milage by a couple of numbers. But again, don't even know if this fixes milage or not. I'd think however, if there is an update available you should be able to go in and get it no questions asked.

Here is what I found out in March when my check engine, and VSA light illuminated, and the ECO light would not:

Sorry it took me a day to get back but problem solved in about an hour.

The tech hooked up the car and although the lights did clear themselves he was able to get an error code.

The error code is a known problem, it is a software fix. There apparently is a problem that the software gives an erroneous code and lights up the check engine and VSA idiot lights. The fix is to update the software. He did and everything is now okie- dokie.

Official statement from my receipt: Updated current PCM Software with newest available version to resolve P2118 misinterpretation problem. Cleared DTC and no problems at this time.

Just for the record, my CT has no problem with mileage before or after ... as stated above the lights cleared before I got to the dealer. The tech could still pull up the error code. It was explained as a known problem, did not require a recall, but they only seem to correct it when the lights illuminate.

This was explained as only a software glitch, a false reading. My build date is July 2010.

My CT did not have any performance or gas mileage issues before or after the update. Nothing such as locks, etc., were affected, very transparent.

Don't think this has anything to do with anything expect erroneous software.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm planning on shipping my CT overseas within 1-3 months depending on work arrangements. I really don't want to deal with this in Europe where there are no CTs, how common of an issue is this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got PCM Updated yesterday from dealer believe it or not see my attached files on Trip Computer.

I used to get 21MPG on freeway before software update but now it so call "WOW"

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forgot to mention in the City run between 24-26 MPG base on my Trip Computer after software update.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got PCM Updated yesterday from dealer believe it or not see my attached files on Trip Computer.

Did you get this update because you experienced DTC P2118 or if you get it because you ask for it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get this update because you experienced DTC P2118 or if you get it because you ask for it?
one dealer asked them to update they say no unless check engine light on then they proceed. but i went to another dealer lied to them that "when drive over 100 miles none stop the check engine light will come on then will go away after turn off engine" and show the copy of MIL Comes On with DTC P2118 "Service Bulletin 11-011 and they went ahead update the software.

you know some dealer pain in the A*s just don't want to do it i meant not all dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Is this even possible? It can't be. Honda markets this vehicle as 24MPG highway, and a knock on the vehicle is its low MPG. You'd think if it were a software tweak like this, they do it to all CT's and start selling them like hotcakes.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Is this even possible? It can't be. Honda markets this vehicle as 24MPG highway, and a knock on the vehicle is its low MPG. You'd think if it were a software tweak like this, they do it to all CT's and start selling them like hotcakes.
Yeah, I want to see some actual Gallons vs. Miles long hand calculations.

Knowing my luck there will just be another firmware update in a month or so to "Correct errors in Trip Computer MPG Calculations"

:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well' the MPG base on my trip computer i don't know for the fact may be my trip computer is bad although no complain just want to share to all of us here in the forum.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I will do the updates for you guys but you have to drive to canada ! LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
HA! if it improves our gas mileage, we may just take you up on that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts