Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much back and forth in my mind, I decided to order a Black Crosstour Ex-L 4WD Navi with beige interior, body side moldings, a trailer hitch for our bicycles and the winter mats.
I would like to change the wheels and does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look besides Tire Rack for the wheels?

You guys helped me in my decision and thank you for your time and efforts in making this site a great one

Thank you
Berenbas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Can't advise you on the tires and wheels, but I would advise you to check for some of the readily indentifiable problems we have had BEFORE you take delivery of the car. These problems include:

REAR HATCH: Is it evenly aligned with the body? Are the gaps at each side equal? Are all of the other body panels and doors on straight? My hatch is on crooked, and others have had the same problem. I am told that it will have to go to a body shop to be fixed.

GLOVE BOX: Does it contour in with the rest of the dash, or is it crooked? Does it sag? Mine does. Honda is not sure how to fix it, will have it addressed at next service.

SUN VISORS: Deploy them. Raise them up and then lower them. Dwivel them back and forth. Do they fall out of the roof? Mine did. Immediate replacement was required.

WINDSHIELD WASHER NOZZLES: Do they spray evenly? Is the driver's side weaker than the passenger side? Mine is. Honda is not sure how to fix it, will have it addressed at next service.

HEATED SEATS: Do they both work all of the time? My passenger side did not. Immediate repair was required. (Note that the backrest of the passenger side is not designed to heat. This is a built-in flaw, and cannot be fixed.)

All in all, we like our car, and I don't want to diminish your joy with this list of problems, but if you do find any of these problems, and I hope you don't, you will be much happier finding them ahead of time and addressing them immediately instead of later on, when you are trying to enjoy that new car experience.

Lastly, I would like to say that although we have been disappointed with the number of problems with this, our fourth Honda, and although we were very disappointed with the sales management's response to these many problems, (PLANET HONDA, GOLDEN, COLORADO) the SERVICE department there has been very good, and has more than met our expectations. They have been great.

Hope you enjoy your new car and find it to be as trouble free as our first three Hondas. Good call on the winter floor mats too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Congrats!

While it is very important to go through a new car thoroughly, I just want to say that I have had *none* of the problems that warp7 described.

(Although you should check for the paint chipping where the rear spoiler comes to an end on each side.)

I as well don't have any insight into wheels... but you do mean "wheels" and not "tires?"

These HFP are OEM wheels and I feel look wicked sharp on the Crosstour:

http://www.accessories-honda.com/alloy-wheels-p-781.html

(That Crosstour has also been lowered.)

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I feel that my CT is an anomaly (at least I hope so!) but ALL of the problems I have described have been found in OUR car, I am very sorry to say. But there are other problems that CT owners have described on this site that we have not had, and I am glad of that. We now have 4 months and 6,000 miles plus on the car, and no NEW problems have manifested themselves, so, I hope we have all of the bugs identified, and that the dealership will be able to iron out the back hatch misalignment, etc. But there is one thing I would like to reiterate, and that is that Honda SERVICE is the best by far that I have seen, and I have seen this to be true at every Honda dealership I have visited.

On another note, I live in "Ski Country USA," and not only is the CT 4WD a superlative snow vehicle, but it is a hoot to drive in the snow, especially with the VSA deactivated. I have studded Nokians on all four wheels, and it really does well on icy and snowpacked roads. Berenbas, I hope your CT is a perfect and trouble-free car for you!

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
While it is very important to go through a new car thoroughly, I just want to say that I have had *none* of the problems that warp7 described.
Ditto- no problems thus far after 6 months. Those wheels look spiffy; I wish I had loot for 'em. My mountain bike sickness is bad enough :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replies and the items to check on prior to pick up.
will let you know after.
By the way, Xaque, it was for wheels only (so far).
Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
So after much back and forth in my mind, I decided to order a Black Crosstour Ex-L 4WD Navi with beige interior, body side moldings, a trailer hitch for our bicycles and the winter mats.
I would like to change the wheels and does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look besides Tire Rack for the wheels?

You guys helped me in my decision and thank you for your time and efforts in making this site a great one

Thank you
Berenbas
Sounds like you got a 'handle' on it...give us your feedback please

·
Registered
19 Posts
I feel that my CT is an anomaly (at least I hope so!) but ALL of the problems I have described have been found in OUR car, I am very sorry to say. But there are other problems that CT owners have described on this site that we have not had, and I am glad of that. We now have 4 months and 6,000 miles plus on the car, and no NEW problems have manifested themselves, so, I hope we have all of the bugs identified, and that the dealership will be able to iron out the back hatch misalignment, etc. But there is one thing I would like to reiterate, and that is that Honda SERVICE is the best by far that I have seen, and I have seen this to be true at every Honda dealership I have visited.
Warp7 my CT also has the mis-aligned hatch (10 mm gap on driver side and 4 mm gap on passenger side) .. It's going to the body shop in a few weeks. Honda advised against doing anything where it attaches to the roof for fear of water leaks so they're going to slot the hinges 3 mm and move the entire tail gate to the left .. It also may be that certain owners (like yourself and I) are able to detect this appearance issue easier than the average owner who wouldn't care.. When I looked at other CT's on the dealer lot I found another dozen or so that had the same exact issue as ours.... So I am assuming this is pretty widespread.

All in all I love my CT but for the price of this EX-L in my opinion it should have been (as some owner quoted in another post) FLAWLESS .... I have another post floating around detailing the 0-30 day warranty issues I've already had ..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the update, jmiller. Sorry you are having that problem. Please let me know how it turns out. Mine will be going in soon. None of the 4 others on the lot when I looked had this problem. This seems like a fairly significant flaw, however cosmetic...I wonder what is happening to Honda's QC?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts