Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my crosstour love it but like most men in the car world im ready for upgrades anyone out there do any Exhaust upgrades yet if so how do they look sound and perform?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Changing the exhaust is a very tempting upgrade, especially after hearing how good the Crosstour V6 sounds under full acceleration, but I keep telling myself, "Your Not A Kid Anymore!"...

Besides that is what I have motorcycles for... :)

As a less drastic Mod, has anybody got some favorite exhaust tip replacements?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
A muffler shop could cut out one of the in-line resonators and replace it with a piece of straight pipe. Should be less than $200.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I mean basically just pick out the muffler and tips and they do the rest. I would recommend the magnaflow muffler that I linked above. They are high quality and include the tips. Also another thing to think about is if you want to remove or replace the resonator that is before the mufflers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Changing the exhaust is a very tempting upgrade, especially after hearing how good the Crosstour V6 sounds under full acceleration, but I keep telling myself, "Your Not A Kid Anymore!"...

Besides that is what I have motorcycles for... :)

As a less drastic Mod, has anybody got some favorite exhaust tip replacements?
You live only once. Don't limit your creativity or happiness to suit other people. It's impossible to make EVERYBODY happy, so use your efforts to make the only person you know how to make happy.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Only way I would mess with factory exhaust is IF they made a cross-over pipe, (So it wouldn't sound like the single-piped tin-cans) and some close-to factory decibel mufflers... I like a throaty-grumble cruising around town, but over long trips , It gets annoying..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have y'all considered what loud pipes would sound like while cruising down the highway on 3 cylinders? I had a 2005 Accord V6 coupe with a rather assertive Magnaflow catback exhaust, but I don't think I'd put it on something with VCM. Maybe someone has tried it .......?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably would sound like a Geo Metro with broken exhaust lol :p!!
Seriouly though when the VCM kicks in, your throttle input wouldn't be big enough for you to hear the exhaust. Unless you are running straight through exhaust without resonator and some glasspack muffler!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've modded exhaust on every car I've owned, and after 6 different set-ups on my V6 Grand Prix, I learned some hard, expensive ( and I feel universal ) lessons.

To start, I dont want anything raucous loud. I love a good healthy growl at full throttle but a more subtle tone other times. But most of all I want nothing to do with that god-forsaken buzzing/droning sound at highway cruise speed.

I have discovered most factory resonators are fairly low restriction tin cans that actually do a good job at eliminating the dreaded cruise speed buzz...therefore I leave them in place. Every one I've ever removed created part throttle noise issues.

Out back, I avoid any straight-thru muffler design like the plague. V6 engines are "buzzy" by their design (60 degree more so than 90 degree) so a chambered muffler goes along way toward quelling that edgy noise.
The 2010 CT I test drove actually had a decent sounding exhaust system, but for a bit more sound I would go with my tried and true favorite muffler, the Thrush Turbo.

Thrush is now made by Walker but the design is unchanged, and when they are initially installed the sound will be virtually the same, but after a week or two the mellow tone will surface along with that lovely growl under hard throttle.

I have installed these mufflers on four different cars so far and have been extremely satisfied with the results each time. The most recent install was on my Chrysler 200 vert equipped with the 3.6 V6. One of my co-workers commented it was the best sounding car he's ever heard not packing a V8 under the hood. I take that as a high compliment.

When I get around to purchasing a CT, adding Thrush Turbos will be one of the very first mods. They can be purchased through Summit Racing for around $25-30 and their aluminized body lasts for years. (a bit of flat black engine paint extends that life even longer)

You can either keep your stock tips or Assured Automotive offers a wide array of polished stainless tips at great prices.

Just my nickels worth of advice:D...Best of luck getting it like you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 2.4 and I was planning on getting a resonator delete (quoted between $30-35) but I was told it would sound pretty horrible so I was recommended a muffler delete. Greatest choice I have made. I bet it would sound great with a v6 too and it was $100

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I have the 2.4 and I was planning on getting a resonator delete (quoted between $30-35) but I was told it would sound pretty horrible so I was recommended a muffler delete. Greatest choice I have made. I bet it would sound great with a v6 too and it was $100
I'm new to the muffler game...

What does that even mean? Muffler delete???

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts