Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2011 EX-L with black leather and the first thing I will be doing is getting rid of the wood trim. This is the only aspect of the new Crosstour that I don't care for.

I am not sure if I will do a carbon fiber wrap on the various interior pieces or have them painted (color matched to Polished Metal Metallic body color). Once I decide what to do I will follow up with pics as I make the change.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, I am surprised with that comment, seriously! That was a big big positive in my books and EVERYONE who has ever said, can I sit in it!!!!

I must say, it gives the car some class and breaks up the BLACK ON BLACK but hey, to each his own - I guess I didn't expect someone to actually comment on that though, hmmmm...

All the best with that, I would love to see pictures when you are through!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Wow, I am surprised with that comment, seriously! That was a big big positive in my books and EVERYONE who has ever said, can I sit in it!!!!

I must say, it gives the car some class and breaks up the BLACK ON BLACK but hey, to each his own - I guess I didn't expect someone to actually comment on that though, hmmmm...

All the best with that, I would love to see pictures when you are through!

I agree ! :eek: i like the wood.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll bet if you search the threads here you'll find someone who's done it. And I think that a brushed aluminum or something similar in place of the wood would look awesome in all that black.
Congrats on the new car and welcom to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look of the newer TSX Sportwagon (no wood trim) so you can get an idea of an Accord like interior without wood.....looks pretty sharp.

I like wood trim in some cars these days like the Audi gray poplar wood (Burlwood) interior trim......had that before and I really liked it. I have just never been into the brown or darker brown wood trim in most cars these days. I have always liked satin finished metal trim or very well done carbon fiber trim (which is hard to find done right).

For those with the Ivory interior it does seem the wood trim ties into the overall look pretty good. For my taste, I dislike the wood against the black interior......looking for more of a modern "tech" look going with a change away from the wood trim.

The Crosstour and the TSX Sportwagon were the two cars I was shopping and I still like the 2011 TSX Sportwagon interior a bit better (very cool gauges). The TSX Sportwagon lost to the Crosstour mainly because of back seat leg room.......no chance there for the TSX!

Overall I LOVE the Crosstour and how different it looks....the somewhat discombobulated design actually works for me! :D I give Honda a lot of credit for bringing this design out to the public, and getting away from some of the blandness in the current Accord.....pushing the styling envelope is not a bad thing imo! :cool:

BTW, anyone who needs wood interior trim for a 2011 Crosstour just go to Ebay tonight........

......JK........LOL! ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can just go to honda and take a look at a base Accord sedan with black leather. It won't come with wood-grain interior, but has it replaced with metallic trim. Honestly, I wouldn't paint it, I would do the CF wrap(found a how-to on removing the trim?).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am pretty sure I will do a wrap of some type after I look at some samples and decide. I do not yet have any DIY info, but I am a pilot/A&P mechanic so I have done this type of work to cars/planes before making interior mods. I am actually looking forward to the challenge. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those with the Ivory interior it does seem the wood trim ties into the overall look pretty good. For my taste, I dislike the wood against the black interior......looking for more of a modern "tech" look going with a change away from the wood trim.
I've had tan interiors on my past 4 cars and I was totally sick of it. I was dead-set on having a black interior this time around. I had a deal lined up on a 2010 EXL 4WD Opal Sage/Black that ended up turning real sour (bad, bad dealer experience), but one thing I took from that 1st test drive/1st close look at the CT was that I liked the wood trim better sitting between the ivory and the black than I did in the full black.

I almost settled for an Outback after that :(, and I had the same feeling there. The lower-trim models had metallic trim that looked really cool on the black interior and awful on the ivory while the limited trim had wood trim that looked great on ivory/black, but bad (IMHO) on the full black interior.

Anyway, everyone has their own taste, but I get exactly where you're coming from.

And now I'm in my 5th car in a row with a tan interior, even though I swore to myself that it had to be black this time. (But I'm happy about it!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Swap?

Hi CT-R.

Are you still looking to replace the wood trim? If so, I have the metalic looking trim that I'm planning on swapping for the wood trim. I don't like the lighter wood for the accord sedan, so I am looking to get the darker wood that you have.

I've been researching whether everything fits between the sedan and the crosstour and they do (3 dashboard peices & door trim).

If you would consider swapping them, let me know!

Thanks,
Jonathan.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wish I had more factory wood but I quit looking several months ago cause exact match is not out there unless I change all...I don't do things 1/2 way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts