Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 2010 EX-L 2wd is it possible to swap out the manufacture's donut spare tire for a full sized spare? Will it fit in the storage compartment? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Gary

·
Registered
761 Posts
On the 2010 EX-L 2wd is it possible to swap out the manufacture's donut spare tire for a full sized spare? Will it fit in the storage compartment? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Gary
Anyone? I'd like to do this too.
C.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't tried this, but would like to know as well. Of course one way to find out is to just swap them and see if the full size fits in the storage space.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It's a very simple operation to lower the spare tire to take a measurement, sorry I never gave it a tought to take a measure at the time I checked out the removal system. If a full size should fit could the weight difference put a strain on the mechanical linkage system????
http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211
Got some info on another thread :

http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59&page=2

From what I saw of the mechanicals holding the spare in place, I'd say it could take the weight of a regular spare, no problem, as whether it would fit in there, not sure.

C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We bought the EX-L and it will go back in this week to have the after market items installed. While the wheel locks are being added, I'll have the service department remove a tire and attempt to store it in the spare compartment and then post the results.

·
Registered
761 Posts
We bought the EX-L and it will go back in this week to have the after market items installed. While the wheel locks are being added, I'll have the service department remove a tire and attempt to store it in the spare compartment and then post the results.
That would save us the hassle of doing it, Gary.....Thanks.

C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts