Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 200 miles I started to hear an odd sound from the engine as the car slowed down. I took my car to the dealer to have some accessories installed and have them investigate this sound. Looks like I have to take it back for further testing.

I'll post after they found out what this sound is.

·
Registered
761 Posts
After about 200 miles I started to hear an odd sound from the engine as the car slowed down. I took my car to the dealer to have some accessories installed and have them investigate this sound. Looks like I have to take it back for further testing.

I'll post after they found out what this sound is.
Yes please let us know what you find out.
G/L with the fix.
C.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is hard to describe. Almost as if the it's shifting down a gear as the car slows down. The Honda technician never heard of the sound before when he gave it a test drive. They made me schedule another appointment so they can diagnose the car further.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does the noise change as the car downshifts while slowing down?

I have a feeling your front end alignment could be off and your tires are feathering.

Turn the wheel to the left and go to the drivers side tire and feel along the inside edge, if it goes higher and lower / higher to lower / higher to lower rather than a smooth even wear, your front tires are feathering and they will make this sound.

here is an image of a feathered tire...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the noise change as the car downshifts while slowing down?

I have a feeling your front end alignment could be off and your tires are feathering.

Turn the wheel to the left and go to the drivers side tire and feel along the inside edge, if it goes higher and lower / higher to lower / higher to lower rather than a smooth even wear, your front tires are feathering and they will make this sound.

here is an image of a feathered tire...

Yes that is the sound I'm hearing. Thanks I have my appointment tomorrow and I'll let the technician know. Hopefully that is the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day one at the local Honda shop. Diagnosis... unknown. Unfortunately it's not the wheels causing the noise. Received a call from the service manager and they need some more time with the car. They are in the process of calling Honda engineers. The way this is going, I would like to get new CT instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: Received a call from the Honda dealer today. It looks like the noise from the engine has something to do with the transmission (gear or bearing?) The car will be receiving a new transmission which can take several days to arrive and another full day or two to install. Lucky me. Wish they can replace the entire car and get me a new CT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How many miles on your CT?

You may want to call Honda.

1-800-999-1009

Not sure if they have a Consumer Affairs division... But if your car only has 200 miles on it, id get on the phone now...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many miles on your CT?

You may want to call Honda.

1-800-999-1009

Not sure if they have a Consumer Affairs division... But if your car only has 200 miles on it, id get on the phone now...
Thanks for the info. I placed a call to the salesperson who sold me the car and demanded they replace my CT not my transmission. They are currently in discussions and will let me know tomorrow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Update?

I don't imagine the sales man can do anything and most likely will feed you lines that he is working on it for you.

You really should be trying to reach a corporate honda office.

Although, not unheardof to replace a trans on such a new car, I would think honda would have them do some other tests before authorizing a trans replacement.

Is there a tsb about a trans problem we don't know about.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update?

I don't imagine the sales man can do anything and most likely will feed you lines that he is working on it for you.

You really should be trying to reach a corporate honda office.

Although, not unheardof to replace a trans on such a new car, I would think honda would have them do some other tests before authorizing a trans replacement.

Is there a tsb about a trans problem we don't know about.
I did call the honda corporate office and created a case which I will hear very soon on what they are planning to do.

Currently the car is still at the honda dealership. Apparently the transmission is now fixed and the honda service manager is working out their decision with the honda regional sales manager.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you demanded a new car you drew a line in the sand. Good luck. So far Honda has identified a problem (although it's a major one) and fixed it. They didn't try to repair your transmission, they replaced the whole thing. Not a difficult swap. You should be good to go. For peace of mind you may want to push for an extended warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts