Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We traveled down to Pittsburgh last week and had a very interesting trip. Late in ther evening traveling north from the city on the highway, all of a sudden, it felt like the Crosstour went from 6 cylinders to 3 or less. No power and some vibration but still running. The yellow engine light was on.... We pulled over, looked for leaks, broken things, bad smells,all the regular actions, but nothing. Called Honda Roadside Assistance. They said they would come and get us and take us to a Honda dealership closeby but it would be closed. They said we could continue to drive back to Meradvill, less than an hour but at reduced spead and power. We opted to keep going and made it home OK.
The next morning I caled the local dealer, Honda Cars of Meadville PA. and they said to bring it right in and They'd take a look at it. In no time they had it hooked up to the computer for the code read. Turns out the computer thought we were burning oil and shut down the engine to self-protect it. A notice from Honda was found and a software fix was in order which was done in short order.
I was on my way in about 2 hours, good as new, and drove home to VT the next day with no problems. One of the reasons I like the Crosstour is that it is a Honda and Honda stands behind it with great technology and outstanding dealers like Honda of Meadville!
Be sure to get your software update done!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Got to love these new cars and the technology that goes in to them. I guess they put that feature in for women......

Hope the wife does not see this post:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
By any chance, do you have the software version number that you are referring to? It would be good to know. Perhaps, this is the same issue already reported from another thread referring to Bulletin 11-011 Titled: MIL comes on with DTC P2118.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
this is the desc.for p2118
MIL COMES ON WITH DTC P2118​
In some 2008-10 Accords and 2010-2011 Accord Crosstours, the MIL is on with DTC P2118 (throttle actuator current range/performance problem). The most probable cause is the PCM misinterprets ETCS (electronic throttle control system) inputs as a malfunction. To correct this problem, follow the repair procedure below and update the PGM-FI software using the HDS

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
this is most likely what happened to Skitour's crosstour

ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION; MIL MAY BE ON WITH DTC P3400 AND/OR P3497​
On some 2008-11 V6 Accords, 2010-11 Accord Crosstours, 2008-11 Odysseys, and 2011 Pilots, the
engine level is low on the dipstick, and the MIL may be on with DTC P3400 and/or P3497 (VPS Stuck Off
Bank 1/Bank 2). The most probable cause is the VCM (variable cylinder management) function may
repeatedly switch on and off during certain light throttle operation, at cruising speeds on flat roads. This
rapid switching leads to excessive cylinder operation with negative pressures. This may prevent the oil
control rings from properly cleaning the oil from the cylinder walls, resulting in excessive combustion
chamber deposits and possibly increased oil consumption. The updated PCM software optimizes VCM
operation which should improve drivability, reduce harmful deposits within the combustion chamber, and
potentially reduce oil consumption. To correct the problem, follow the repair procedure below to update the​
PGM-FI software with the HDS.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The code P3497 happened to me too this Friday night (2012 CT V6 EX with 51800 miles). It felt like the engine was about to fall off and almost stalled when stopped. It turned out to be an oil pressure switch / rocker switch went bad and had to be replaced. I went to my Honda dealer first thing Saturday morning at 7:30am and was out at 9:00am. The total repair was $80.25 with taxes out the door. I was lucky they didn't charge me extra for diagnosis. Looks like a common problem since they had those switches in stock.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
More details on my repair... notes from technician: Replace Rocker Arm Oil Switch (37240-R70-A04 + 91319-PAA-A01 O-Ring) as per Service Bulletin 13-031.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
One of the reasons I like the Crosstour is that it is a Honda and Honda stands behind it with great technology and outstanding dealers like Honda of Meadville!
Be sure to get your software update done!
Most Honda dealers are good. Some are outrageously bad like the one in my home town. However, some are great.

Running new modified rear rims and tires on the front of my Honda S2000, I threw a balancing weight on the right front in Bowling Green, KY. I pulled in and told the service clerk what I thought had happened. They inspected the car and determined that I was correct and re-balanced the front right for me. They asked me a few questions about the car's modifications and then presented me with a $-zero Service Agreement. That was too cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts