Honda Crosstour Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Crosstour EL-X 3.5L V6 AWD. Can somebody tell me if you can enable or disable the ECO mode with a switch button? My 2013 Honda Accord Sport had a ECO Mode switch button on the dash.
Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Crosstour EL-X 3.5L V6 AWD. Can somebody tell me if you can enable or disable the ECO mode with a switch button? My 2013 Honda Accord Sport had a ECO Mode switch button on the dash.
Thanks
The Econ button acts as a governor. Simply press the button. The green leaves should turn off.
Your vehicle is also equipped with VCM technology. If you would like for your vehicle to run on all 6 cylinders 100% of the time, you will need to purchase a VCM disabling device. I use S-VCM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Econ button acts as a governor. Simply press the button. The green leaves should turn off.
Your vehicle is also equipped with VCM technology. If you would like for your vehicle to run on all 6 cylinders 100% of the time, you will need to purchase a VCM disabling device. I use S-VCM.
Thanks for your reply. So you can manually enable or disable the ECO mode? Or does the ECO mode enables automatically?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for your reply. So you can manually enable or disable the ECO mode? Or does the ECO mode enables automatically?
By pressing the green button, you can turn the Econ mode on or off. With this function on, the computer will govern how fast you can accelerate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That make sense. Thanks. Any other things I should know about my 2014 Crosstour V6?
If you sift through my replies, you will find a list of maintenance items I do to keep my V6 running well.
I use Valvoline MaxLife ATF for my transmission, but I would only recommend OEM Honda fluids for the differential and transfer case on your AWD.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts