Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

If i just leave my IPOD plugged in (in the armrest compartment) does the car turn it off when the car is off? or do you power off your IPOD and actually unhook it?

i have been powering up, waiting then selecting a playlist and THEN plugging it in

then i power it off and unplug it

was wondering if i can just leave it on and plugged in and let the car turn it on and off?

what do you all do?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just leave my iPod Classic 160g plugged in and in the armrest. It's usually stays there for a week or two between synchings on my Mac. Never had any issues works works seamlessly. I have the Navi and really like the iPod intergration.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Hi all

If i just leave my IPOD plugged in (in the armrest compartment) does the car turn it off when the car is off? or do you power off your IPOD and actually unhook it?

i have been powering up, waiting then selecting a playlist and THEN plugging it in

then i power it off and unplug it

was wondering if i can just leave it on and plugged in and let the car turn it on and off?

what do you all do?

thanks
is it pluged into the usb connector? if so yes it shuts it off and charges it

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did have problems with this on the winter with my old nano. If I left it in the car overnight it would get so cold that the ipod wouldn't power up long enough to register - it would show an empty battery. If I put in my pocket for a while it would warm up and show a full battery again. Anyway, I couldn't just leave it on the arm rest and forget about it.
I might try again now that it's warming up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

yes i have the white apple cable plugged into the USB connector and then into the IPOD

i hear you about winter, but now that the weather is warming up i was thinking it would be great to just leave it on and plugged in, and have the car turn it on and off and charge it ve all the stuff i am doing

my old car i had an aftermarket radio and had to do all that with the IPOD

thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
The ipod will only be charged by the cable whilst the vehicle is running.

That said, when the vehicle is turned off, it sends a signal to the ipod to stop playing. Your ipod should then put itself to sleep after a short period of time. (Just as it would if you hit "stop" and threw it into your bag)

Then, when you restart your vehicle it will wake the ipod up, and if you select AUX it will pick up the track where you last left off.

As previously said, if you just leave it in the car, you should be all set (as the ipod should charge more than enough to make up for its use while driving).

The only concerns would be the temperature extremes experienced in the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent news!

thanks so much! i was also originally worried if i left it on it would drain my battery to :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts