Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 12' ex-l awd, and have noticed a rattle/crackle from the right front tweeter. It almost seems as if it needs time to " warm up" before it sounds acceptable. Occasionally I can hear it at low volumes even after its been on for a while. I have it from 3 sources, radio, xm, and iPod, haven't tried the 6tape 8 track in the dash. Has anyone else noticed this? Dealer of course said they couldn't replicate it when my wife had it in for oil change last week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently purchased a used 12' ex-l awd, and have noticed a rattle/crackle from the right front tweeter. It almost seems as if it needs time to " warm up" before it sounds acceptable. Occasionally I can hear it at low volumes even after its been on for a while. I have it from 3 sources, radio, xm, and iPod, haven't tried the 6tape 8 track in the dash. Has anyone else noticed this? Dealer of course said they couldn't replicate it when my wife had it in for oil change last week.
Have them replace the tweeters. Warranty? Insist on it. Even out of pocket can't be too much $.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you get this noise with different music inputs such as radio, cd, MP3, or phone. I know that the source makes a huge difference to the sound in my CT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes all inputs, looks like im gonna have to go back and be a bit more stubborn about it, thanks folks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just looked up the cost to replace a front tweeter and it was $12 lol. If it is a flaw in the speaker itself it would be very easy to replace. Might be worth ordering one and trying it out if the dealer continues to deny the issue. Here is the part number I found 39120-STK-A22

1 - 7 of 7 Posts