Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went on a ''Mega'' outlet site in the states and there was a 16 inch rim size along with a 17 inch for winter steel wheels. Seems to be lots of space between OEM 18 inch wheels and caliper.

Does a 16 inch steel wheel fit on a 2010 Crosstour?

Also is it necessary to put the tire pressure sensors on the steel wheels, besides the light coming on in the dash, will it have an effect on the computer (this was stated by dealer and I figure he wants to sell the sensors too)?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I don't know about the 16 inch rims, but I downsized to the 17 inch wheel with Blizzaks this last winter. She did great with that combination. I did purchase a second set of sensors. If you don't install them the dash light will be on and you will not be able to turn off the traction control should you need to get unstuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey cynrx,

''If you don't install them the dash light will be on and you will not be able to turn off the traction control should you need to get unstuck. ''

This I didn't know, how much were the sensors (are you in Canada) ? thanks for the info................Wayne

·
Registered
10 Posts
So far I am leaning towards 17" steel with Sensors and the Michelin XIce 2 or Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's.
Has anyone tried these on the Crosstour yet?
--M

I don't know about the 16 inch rims, but I downsized to the 17 inch wheel with Blizzaks this last winter. She did great with that combination. I did purchase a second set of sensors. If you don't install them the dash light will be on and you will not be able to turn off the traction control should you need to get unstuck.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I am in New York. The sensors were about $130.00 US total. The sensors need to be programmed to the car when you swap wheels. I use a TPMS quickset tool for this at home since I have my 2 sets of sensor codes (winter & summer).

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
according to honda they only want you to go down to a 17"rim but 16" rims do fit they recomend a 225/65/17

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you get the TPMS quickset tool?
--M
I am in New York. The sensors were about $130.00 US total. The sensors need to be programmed to the car when you swap wheels. I use a TPMS quickset tool for this at home since I have my 2 sets of sensor codes (winter & summer).

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I bought the Ateq Quickset TPMS tool from Revolution Supply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts