Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine if the install kits for aftermarket Double DIN head units will fit the Accord Crosstour.

Does anyone know? I think Metra and Scosche both make a kit and it looks like it would fit. Just guessing that someone must have done this mod before!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Double-DIN

What is a Double DIN head unit?
Single-DIN would be the regular size radios often found in pre-1990-ish, in many entry level Japanese imports (ie Corolla, Civic, Tercel). Many aftermarket radios were also single DIN, so those that were not impressed with factory radio, can easily upgrade to nicer aftermarket radios of their choosing.

Double-DIN radios are the ones that's doubly-fat, often found in upper trims of Japanese sedans of yesterday, and today's average import. Some of the more expensive radios were also double-DIN, so it'll fit squarely over where your factory double-DIN radio is currently. Aftermarket navigation systems (the ones you bolt in) are typically double-DIN.

Many of today's factory radio are actually larger than double-DIN, so one may have to buy some kind of kit to make it look more "fit".

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't want to replace my factory radio. I just wish there were a way to get more mid range from it and kill the treble. Almost all rock or metal music sounds like it's in a tin can. Even when I turn the treble way down there is still a high pitched sound that hurts my ears. Are there any software upgrades for the factory stereo that can add an equalizer or at least more than only bass and treble controls?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't want to replace my factory radio. I just wish there were a way to get more mid range from it and kill the treble. Almost all rock or metal music sounds like it's in a tin can. Even when I turn the treble way down there is still a high pitched sound that hurts my ears. Are there any software upgrades for the factory stereo that can add an equalizer or at least more than only bass and treble controls?
I have seen equalizer mounted under the dash... Slightly unsightly, but to that guy, good sound was better than unsightly interior, so that's an idea for you.

My suggestion, go find the speakers that will make it sound much better than your factory and just leave it at that.

I changed all my speakers except the tweeters up on the dash (in my Accord, not CT), and it sounded much better. No amp, no eq out from under dash, just speakers. And they weren't super fancy, either. Front ones were only $180~200 per pair and the rear, $350..., something like that... Easily could be had for much less... Just go to a car stereo shop and listen to the different ones before you buy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fear it's those tweeters on the dash that are drilling holes in my ears. It's such a fancy system it would seem to me it could have its software upgraded, Dolby added, or something.

Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts