Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my CT (white diamond with ivory interior EX-L AWD) since early September and it's been troublefree. Suddenly yesterday I started having a strange problem. When I driving along, the dome light suddenly goes on for maybe 30 seconds and the driver's door clunks (presumably, the lock solenoid actuating). It happens when I turn or when I go straight. Sometimes it happens every couple of minutes , other times it will only happen once during a 20-minute drive. I'll be taking the car to the dealer about it, but wondered if anyone else has experienced such a situation?

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's strange, and I can't say that I've experienced this with any car I've ever owned.

Let us know what they discover!

·
Registered
622 Posts
gthawk,

Curious, do you lean on the door heavily? Just wondering, I had a Corolla years ago. Every time I took a right turn the interior lights came on. They actually showed me that it was the pressure I put on the door by lening on it.

It was a new car, I'm not (or at least wasn;t then) a big guy. And the door was obviouslty more light weight and flimsey than a CT door.

By the sounds you describe it does sound like maybe something has a short in there.

I'll be curious about what they find.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't lean on the door at all. It seems that the door is being unlocked probably by a short and this turns on the dome light. The door lock lever moves to the red position, at least partially. Sometimes the driver door open symbol lights on the dashboard but not always. I'll let you know once I take the car to the dealer, probably early next week.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey, one more dumb thought. You don't by chance have your key fob in your pocket do you? Just wondering, my phone is always dialing itself in my pocket because once seated the pockets pull pretty tight. I could solve it by losing some weight but I'll probably just buy bigger pants, lol.

The key fob thought came up because my comedian neighbor keeps popping the hatch of their Civic every time his wife gets in the car to go somewhere. She gets out 3 or 4 times and closes it and then he comes to the rescue. She hasn't figured it out yet but I don't want to be around when she figures out that it is him either.

·
Registered
622 Posts
No, Keyfob is integral with key which is ignition switch.

Wow, give me a big DUH on that last comment.! It's so nice to get older, lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shop adjusted the position of the door or the door latch, they didn't say which. It took about 5 minutes, and the problem seems to have been solved.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good to hear.

That is all. ( No dumb remarks from me today)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts