Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

I was debating whether or not to buy the Illumination interior package. its light blue lights for the interior

its pretty cheap, and i thought it would look cool

can anyone who has it tell me how it is.. is it really cool and noticeable?

and easy to install or should i have dealership install it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm interested to know too. Some of the advertisements make it look pretty good and I have been thinking about having this added on but I'd only be interested if it looks good in real life as in the pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I believe that someone on here has talked about it already, but from what I remember:

1) They are kind of dim. (Which isn't a bad thing if you are concerned about maintaining night vision.)
2) They are on all the time with the throw of a switch... they aren't for adding foot-well lighting when doors are open for example.

::EDIT::

Here is the original thread. (I found it in a search for "Illumination.")

http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441&highlight=illumination

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys..

I was debating whether or not to buy the Illumination interior package. its light blue lights for the interior

its pretty cheap, and i thought it would look cool

can anyone who has it tell me how it is.. is it really cool and noticeable?

and easy to install or should i have dealership install it?
I had the illumination interior package installed on my 2012 CT. I had previously wrote that it is a little dimmer than I thought it was going to be and based on what I thought the picture on the Honda websites represented it to be <my opinion>. Yes, it is either on or off all the time based on the push button switch. I chose to have the dealer install them since I am less confident about dealing with the electrical/wiring budles of things in the Honda, but the instructions for it were pretty good and looked doable if I had wanted without turning it over to the dealer. If I remember correctly it was a half-hour of labor which I thought was a fair price/time.

If you are driving around the city with lots of outside ambient light at night, you won't notice them much, if at all (which is kind of a shame). But I drive everyday to work outside of the city and when you get away from the lights it is a nice low level blue glow. I honestly do like the blue lighting, just thought it would be a bit more noticeable

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm planning on doing this myself...

I found this on YouTube that found to be VERY informative - more so than the instructions, because it gives you some easy shortcuts, and installation location tips that are better than where the instructions indicates for placement.

http://youtu.be/ZrW33WtPnbo

·
Registered
184 Posts
I must be a lazy person but that seems like a lot of work for such a small return.
That's what husbands and boyfriends are for ... to diminish work load overhead thus increasing perceptual value. :)

... Hey wait a minuite! :eek:

You know ... I've been putting an AWFUL lot of work time into my boyfriend's SAAB, adding HID's, doing mods, changing out trim, doing repairs... :mad:

I think i've just been hoodwinked! :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had this package installed. Nicely compliments the ambient lighting already present. I was kind of surprised that this was a "add-on" feature - it was a standard feature in my previous two cars.

Vince

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I had this package installed. Nicely compliments the ambient lighting already present. I was kind of surprised that this was a "add-on" feature - it was a standard feature in my previous two cars.

Vince
i second that i have it too ! and the more toys the nicer the car:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I added this ambient lighting package and I am very pleased with it. It has a nice soft blue light in the foot well areas that accents the existing instrument lighting. It was an easy install with good directions and when installed is essentially OEM. It has an on off switch if you want to turn off.

Mert Cheney

1 - 10 of 10 Posts