Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it is true or not that Honda plans to discontinue the Crosstour in the next year or so? Someone at the dog park was telling me this. I can't find anything on the Internet to confirm or refute his claim. I think he said it because my wife was overly proclaiming her love for her CT.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Only thing we KNOW is true, is that Acura announced the discontinuation of the ZDX, which is the Crosstour's big brother.

Honda tends to follow a 5 year production scheme for all models on their Roadmaps, so by that logic, the Crosstour should have a bit more life.

The '13 had some nice changes, but nothing crazy or radical.

Like the Element, Honda will likely take a poor selling product, and EOL it, only to find the demand increase once it's gone. :cool:

gr

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sales are up quite a bit since last year and I have noticed a few more around here but I still think 2015 is going to be the end of the CT line.

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
Only thing we KNOW is true, is that Acura announced the discontinuation of the ZDX, which is the Crosstour's big brother.

Honda tends to follow a 5 year production scheme for all models on their Roadmaps, so by that logic, the Crosstour should have a bit more life.

The '13 had some nice changes, but nothing crazy or radical.

Like the Element, Honda will likely take a poor selling product, and EOL it, only to find the demand increase once it's gone. :cool:

gr
I can't imagine the ZDX has nearly the sales numbers of the CT.

I'm planning on keeping my 2010 CT until it refuses to GO :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Honda refuses to market any of their products other than Accord, Civic, Oddy, Fit, and an the occasional Pilot advertisement. Having a CT and a Ridgeline in my garage, I can honestly say these are 2 of the better products from Honda. Most think the CT is just an Accord with a screwed up rear window, not so. I have had 12 Accords since 1981 and the 2014 CT is far advanced from any. Being a senior citizen I find the CT so much easier to enter and exit than the Accord. Honda marketing probably has no idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
16 year Honda owner here. We have had a 93 Accord EX-L with Bose that we loved, drove it till dead. We then got a 06 Accord 2dr 4cyl ex, still driving that now, just hit 80k miles. The wife had a 12 Crosstour 4cyl 2wd, and after 2 years really wanted the 4WD, so we just took delivery of a gorgeous Basque Red Pearl II V6 4wd EX-L. 400 miles on the odo now, she is really really smooth on the roads. We plan a long road trip next week, should be a great time in the new ride. The Crosstours are an Accord, let's face it...I like to call them the Accord 4wd wagons... We love all the Accords! :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
16 year Honda owner here. We have had a 93 Accord EX-L with Bose that we loved, drove it till dead. We then got a 06 Accord 2dr 4cyl ex, still driving that now, just hit 80k miles. The wife had a 12 Crosstour 4cyl 2wd, and after 2 years really wanted the 4WD, so we just took delivery of a gorgeous Basque Red Pearl II V6 4wd EX-L. 400 miles on the odo now, she is really really smooth on the roads. We plan a long road trip next week, should be a great time in the new ride. The Crosstours are an Accord, let's face it...I like to call them the Accord 4wd wagons... We love all the Accords! :D
I traded a 2008 Accord EX-L for a Cr-V in 2010 and got another in 2012, the 2014 CT is much better for senior folks. None of the falling in and climbing our crap. Love my CT.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have to agree. After many Hondas, this Crosstour is an unappreciated gem. I do miss my RL at times like at Home Depot but on the highway, the CT is a dream (plus I doubled my mpg's). I put 18K on my Ridgeline in 3 years but the Crosstour already has 3000 in 3 months. It's just a drivers car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts