Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Northern Wisconsin a place where it stays well below freezing for months during the winter and is relatively mild during the summer.......

I do not need to have a feature that opens the windows and moon roof if I push and hold the unlock button on the fob.........In fact I worry that opening the moon roof in below freezing temps will ruin the seal and I will end up with a leak...........

Simple answer of course is don't use this feature, but I inadvertently active it while in my garage.....This time of year even inside the garage is well below freezing....

Is there a means of disabling this function?

Is the moon roof on a separate fuse and if so which panel/which fuse?.....Can't seem to find it in the Users Manual....

· Administrator
845 Posts
I am not aware of a way to disable this feature.

As this is not a well-known feature of the Crosstour, on page 108 of my 2012 Owner’s Manual: by pressing the UNLOCK button in a certain way, it will open all the windows and moonroof of your car. This is a great summertime option. Here is how you do this.

1) Press the UNLOCK button of your remote once to unlock the driver’s door.
2) Press the UNLOCK button a second time, and hold the UNLOCK button down. The remaining doors unlock, and all four windows and the moonroof start to open. To stop the windows and moonroof, release the button.
3) If you have stopped the process, to open the windows and moonroof further, press the UNLOCK button again (within 10 seconds of step 1) and hold the button down.
4) You cannot close the windows or the moonroof with the remote transmitter.

The fuse for the moonroof is in the interior fuse box on the driver’s side. You would be looking for fuse number 20, which happens to be a 20 amp fuse. Keep in mind that this will only keep the moonroof from opening. If you have a 2012 Crosstour manual, you would find this info on page 395 of the manual.

Personally, I’m pretty rough with my remote and have never accidently set off this option. Honda designed it so that you really have to hold the UNLOCK button down quite a bit longer than normal. I often hit my UNLOCK button 2 or 3 times sometimes and for whatever reason, don’t keep my finger on the UNLOCK any longer than needed, but I really don’t think about it. As per instruction number two, this is not a totally automatic feature. You need to continually hold down the UNLOCK button for the windows and moonroof to open. Once you let up on the UNLOCK button, everything stops.

Hope this helps

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like pulliing the fuse is my only option

Yes that is the feature I am referring to...

I have accidentally activated it 3 times now, each time with the fob in my coat pocket.......When I sit down on a chair to pull my snow boots on I must depress the unlock button and likely hold it down while bending over to pull up the boots......I see the tail lights flash and then all windows and the moon roof open, just as you described......

I don't mind, except that in the cold it might tear the rubber seal under the moon roof....Owners Manual says not to operate in freezing weather....yesterday when this happened it was about 22 degrees in the Garage and Minus 15 outside............

I think I will pull the fuse, hope there is nothing else on that circuit......Probably not as that motor to operate the moon Roof is probably pretty decent size....

Thanks for your response.

· Administrator
845 Posts
Let me recommend something else to you. You might try and purchase a rubber cover for your FOB. This will in essence lower the UNLOCK button about 1/32 of an inch it will be much more difficult to accidently push the buttons if they are in your pocket.

It will also keep your FOB in new like condition and they come in a multitude of colors. Order off eBay.

Attachments

· Registered
128 Posts
Or maybe..

as I do, just leave the key fob hanging on a hook by the exit door. Then grab it last on the way out. I always put mine in my jeans coin pocket when driving off, haven't accidently depressed the buttons but I could see where it might happen, though still hasn't. Then again, I don't have super bundle up to step outside in TX weather. Plus, driving off from garage to streets, I usually throw my coat in back seat to drive more comfy. The heated seats get darn toasty.

Key fob rubber cover seems a good suggest.

· Registered
10 Posts
I had a 2004 Accord with the same type of key as my 2012 Crosstour has. I had one of those rubber covers on the accord and it never caught the buttons.

I always had my Honda key on an additional loop of the ring to separate it from the other keys to help prevent them from pushing any of the buttons inadvertently

· Registered
62 Posts
Love this thing! Too many Honda keys in my house so it makes it easier to find mine!

· Registered
202 Posts
I am not aware of a way to disable this feature.

As this is not a well-known feature of the Crosstour, on page 108 of my 2012 Owner’s Manual: by pressing the UNLOCK button in a certain way, it will open all the windows and moonroof of your car. This is a great summertime option. Here is how you do this.

1) Press the UNLOCK button of your remote once to unlock the driver’s door.
2) Press the UNLOCK button a second time, and hold the UNLOCK button down. The remaining doors unlock, and all four windows and the moonroof start to open. To stop the windows and moonroof, release the button.
3) If you have stopped the process, to open the windows and moonroof further, press the UNLOCK button again (within 10 seconds of step 1) and hold the button down.
4) You cannot close the windows or the moonroof with the remote transmitter.

The fuse for the moonroof is in the interior fuse box on the driver’s side. You would be looking for fuse number 20, which happens to be a 20 amp fuse. Keep in mind that this will only keep the moonroof from opening. If you have a 2012 Crosstour manual, you would find this info on page 395 of the manual.

Personally, I’m pretty rough with my remote and have never accidently set off this option. Honda designed it so that you really have to hold the UNLOCK button down quite a bit longer than normal. I often hit my UNLOCK button 2 or 3 times sometimes and for whatever reason, don’t keep my finger on the UNLOCK any longer than needed, but I really don’t think about it. As per instruction number two, this is not a totally automatic feature. You need to continually hold down the UNLOCK button for the windows and moonroof to open. Once you let up on the UNLOCK button, everything stops.

Hope this helps
Interesting, I was not aware of this feature, I'll have to try it out

· Registered
1 Posts
I am not aware of a way to disable this feature…Personally, I’m pretty rough with my remote and have never accidently set off this option. Honda designed it so that you really have to hold the UNLOCK button down quite a bit longer than normal…
I have a 2020 Civic and a 2020 CR-V and both have this feature and they are a NUISANCE! I carry my keys in my pocket and several times month, I come outside to find all my windows down! It’s happened in the pouring rain, snow, etc. and there’s still no way I’ve found to disable it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts