Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L AWD V6
After an oil change at dealer, I found that the oil level is far above the upper line from the engine oil dipstick. I drain total 1 qt from the dipstick hole to bring the oil back to the upper level.

Video:

(the oil I drain out is so dark, which means the dealer didn't completely drain the old oil out before putting new in... )

Few days later, I change the oil myself again to make sure the correct amount of oil is in the engine. I drain the oil till the last drop out, also change a new oil filter. Put 4.5 qts in as the manual asking. Than run the engine till hot. turn off engine, wait 3 mins than check the dipstick.
( lxxxxxl RCA )===============
This time I'm sure the oil I put in is 4.5qts, but the oil level is above the "A" word. Confirmed with Honda that the dipstick should be 511.5mm from the dipstick entry hole to the lower line, so mine is fine. I found out Honda use the part "15650-RCA-A02" to every V6 cars: Accord V6 Pilot Odyssey Acura TL MDX TSX... I believe this is the reason that the dipstick is not telling owner the correct reading and Honda should recall for this problem.
What do you think?

Now the upper line shows 3.5 qt, the "A" word shows 4.5 qt.
This is against the owner manual at page 288 ( It should be between the upper and the lower marks)
and page 333 (Do not fill above the upper mark; you could damage the engine)
What is your reading and what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
All I can say is I brought my Xtour into the dealer for its first appointment after I bought it used. One of my issues was my concern for the oil to be 1/2 (or 1/4) qt down after only 3-4 months of use. The tech told me these engines are funny in that to get an accurate reading one had to warm up the engine (15 min or so of use) and then let it cool a little to take a reading. So when I thought I was 1/4 -1/2 of a qt down it was actually a perfect oil level because I had measured after a long drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts