Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 EX-L 4WD (no nav)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a new passenger side assembly for my 2010 cause it wasn't replaced when it had an accident before I got it whereas the driver side was. Going though all the prices and stuff had me wondering if there was any difference between the 2010-12 assemblies vs the 2013-15 assemblies. There doesn't seem to be any besides the chrome(13-15) and black(10-12) but I just wanted some outside help cause the internet wasn't telling me much.

Attachments

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
11 Posts
I haven't found any concrete/direct evidence, but I was looking at both headlights because I wanted the black-housed for my 2013 instead of the chrome.
From what I found, I believe they should fit the same. This is based on the hood and fenders being the same part #'s between pre and facelift crosstours. Housing looks the same from images as well.
Unfortunately I dont have both to compare, and ultimately Id sooner open mine up and paint them black before buying 2 new headlights... 50 minutes vs $500 sort of thing.

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
11 Posts
The last thing I did, and this is very un-scientific... lol.. was flipped between these two pictures of the crosstour (open them both up in new tabs, and flip back n forth). Everything is identical, cept for the bottom trims, bumper, and grille. Headlights only look different in shape because of the little eyeliner strip underneath the 2013+.

Again, I haven't physically compared both in my hands, so I could be wrong yet. But this has been my findings thus far!

·
Registered
2010 EX-L 4WD (no nav)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I dont have both to compare, and ultimately Id sooner open mine up and paint them black before buying 2 new headlights... 50 minutes vs $500 sort of thing.
I would be careful with opening them up unless you have experience with opening headlights cause they're screwed and glued together, found that out when i was replacing halogens with LEDs and trying to get a closer look at the messed up part of my passenger assembly, which has only gotten more yellowed and cracked since I installed the new lights

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
11 Posts
I would be careful with opening them up unless you have experience with opening headlights cause they're screwed and glued together
I've cracked open a good few sets of headlights for HID projector retrofits. Some glass, some aftermarket, and some that were 20+ years old. Have definitely screwed up a couple times and learned some do's and dont's - but I hear ya. For anyone interested, Id go with a heat gun over the oven method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts