Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased a demo from dealership with 7k miles on it.
Leather but no navi - 24,500.

Said they were giving me a great price. they were trying to sell it at 29,999 but i got them down below 25k with my trade of 12k for a 2006 accord ex L with navi 75,000 miles.

Let me Know what everyone thinks. In at out of dealership within 3 hours

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think you did alright... there are so many variables (such as local availability and demand) that play into prices, so it's hard to compare different locations.

But for a *great* car that MSRPs close to 40k... I think you did fine.

And really, what matters is how good you feel about it.

Welcome to the club!

:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did you owe anything on the Accord?

·
Registered
124 Posts
But for a *great* car that MSRPs close to 40k... I think you did fine.
It's always wrong to assume you are getting a good deal based on what the price was originally at. You HAVE to know what the current value of the car is at, not what the price difference from new. Also, a loaded exl 4wd stickers just shy of 35k. Technically, that 5k is far from 40K, or he would't be asking if this was a good deal.

i owed 9k on my honda and traded in for 12k. i used the remainder as a down payment.
In my opinion, this is just shy of being an average deal. You traded your car for about 4k less than what they are currently going for. The used car sale market is exploding with demand of efficient, reliable, and good cars, used honda's don't stay on the lot that long anymore. An '05 EXL 4-door sells easily for 15.5k, assuming it is in "good" condition. You also dealt with a CT that is technically viewed as being 2 years old in terms of negotiating. At current dealer incentives, they have the ability to sell you a brand new CT 3xl 4wd for 30900 out the door...if you are willing to negotiate. I got that price, though I dealt with them for while because I knew they COULD sell it at that price do to extra factory to dealer incentives not offered to customers. So, you think them asking 29999 for a '10 demo is good? No! I would start maybe at 27.5k-28k. Factor in an average $2.7k extra for you car, and I would not take that car for less than about $23.5k. Keep in mind, this is assuming that it is 4wd. I hope yours is 4wd too for that price!

As all general deals go, it can only be viewed as a good deal if you enjoy the car enough for you to pay whatever you are willing to pay to get it. I assume you like the car enough to get it, so you should have answered your own question. Numbers can easily be forgotten if you enjoy your car! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would have sold the accord on my own, paid off the balance, and used the remaining amount to solidify a 0.0 interest rate at your own bank. You could even more going this route. I have leased almost all of my cars, and negotiate the price to the lowest price I know they can sell it(not just invoice). With a lease, banks and insurers offer their estimate of how much your car will be worth at the end of a certain term period. They aren't all stupid enough to have you pay less than the depreciating value, or they would loose money. That's how I've been making money selling after leasing. Just felt like sharing for some reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's always wrong to assume you are getting a good deal based on what the price was originally at. You HAVE to know what the current value of the car is at, not what the price difference from new. Also, a loaded exl 4wd stickers just shy of 35k. Technically, that 5k is far from 40K, or he would't be asking if this was a good deal.

In my opinion, this is just shy of being an average deal. You traded your car for about 4k less than what they are currently going for. The used car sale market is exploding with demand of efficient, reliable, and good cars, used honda's don't stay on the lot that long anymore. An '05 EXL 4-door sells easily for 15.5k, assuming it is in "good" condition. You also dealt with a CT that is technically viewed as being 2 years old in terms of negotiating. At current dealer incentives, they have the ability to sell you a brand new CT 3xl 4wd for 30900 out the door...if you are willing to negotiate. I got that price, though I dealt with them for while because I knew they COULD sell it at that price do to extra factory to dealer incentives not offered to customers. So, you think them asking 29999 for a '10 demo is good? No! I would start maybe at 27.5k-28k. Factor in an average $2.7k extra for you car, and I would not take that car for less than about $23.5k. Keep in mind, this is assuming that it is 4wd. I hope yours is 4wd too for that price!

As all general deals go, it can only be viewed as a good deal if you enjoy the car enough for you to pay whatever you are willing to pay to get it. I assume you like the car enough to get it, so you should have answered your own question. Numbers can easily be forgotten if you enjoy your car! :)

$30,900 out the door for 2011 EXL 4WD. That is one hell of a good deal. They practically gave that car away. That is unheard of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not catch if your new Crosstour is a 4X4 maybe I missed it.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new ride. You did good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, I really doubt you got that car for 30K, not happening!! A Brother of mine worked for Honda and is where I bought my car, he leveled with me and sold it to me for BASEMENT pricing, he even showed me what the dealership paid and it was about $32K. Now, I got it for 35K EX-L no/Navi and that was the cheapest they had sold one for. Personally YOU DID FANTASTIC, DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS WHO OVERPAID FOR THEIR CARS.. LOL, they are grumpy old men :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
On January 31, I had an offer of $29,900 for a new 2011 EXL AWD (no Nav). Last day of the month they can do some great deals. I bought a new 2010 a couple weeks later for much less.
I think the OPs price for the CT sounds very good, though.
In any case, hard part is done - now enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Guess I got a good deal? I paid 32,500 for 2010 EXL 4WD with Navi. Also came with CT Mat in the trunk and mud flats. Had 190 miles on it. May have been use for a demo??? This was in Dec. Looked very new to me. Sticker Price was 39,999.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Guess I got a good deal? I paid 32,500 for 2010 EXL 4WD with Navi. Also came with CT Mat in the trunk and mud flats. Had 190 miles on it. May have been use for a demo??? This was in Dec. Looked very new to me. Sticker Price was 39,999.
I assume this is Canadian pricing since the sticker was at $40k?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, I really doubt you got that car for 30K, not happening!! A Brother of mine worked for Honda and is where I bought my car, he leveled with me and sold it to me for BASEMENT pricing, he even showed me what the dealership paid and it was about $32K. Now, I got it for 35K EX-L no/Navi and that was the cheapest they had sold one for. Personally YOU DID FANTASTIC, DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS WHO OVERPAID FOR THEIR CARS.. LOL, they are grumpy old men :)
2 things. One, from your IM, you said you are in Canada, DIFFERENT prices!
Two, Looks like your "brother" leveled with you real well. Invoice is the price the dealer pays to get a car from the manufacturer. There are also incentives, provided by the manufacturer to the dealer, to clear as much inventory. A dealer will most likely help to move out inventory when it's towards the end of the month. That's a great brother you got there. Also, the msrp of a 2011 CT EXL fwd with no nav is at $35k in Canada...I was at a dealer just 2 weeks looking at one when I was in Toronto...I live in Ohio!

·
Registered
236 Posts
2 things. One, from your IM, you said you are in Canada, DIFFERENT prices!
Two, Looks like your "brother" leveled with you real well. Invoice is the price the dealer pays to get a car from the manufacturer. There are also incentives, provided by the manufacturer to the dealer, to clear as much inventory. A dealer will most likely help to move out inventory when it's towards the end of the month. That's a great brother you got there. Also, the msrp of a 2011 CT EXL fwd with no nav is at $35k in Canada...I was at a dealer just 2 weeks looking at one when I was in Toronto...I live in Ohio!
I've noticed that cars cost more on the west coast of USA, up north. Cars are cheaper in the South for some reason. Don't know why?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts