Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love the vent pointed at the dog. . .maybe to imitate the sensation of speed that previously only a head out the window could provide.

Mine likes to ride like a baby kangaroo.

-ace

·
Registered
621 Posts
My dog rides in the back seat of the CT... and when she's not sticking her head out the window, she parks her nose infront of the rear center console vents.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My dog rides in the back seat of the CT... and when she's not sticking her head out the window, she parks her nose infront of the rear center console vents.
My dog cannot take the g-forces incurred during a turn when trying to stick head out window, it's rather maddening for her, thus her preferred mode of vehicular travel: kangaroo style.

I wonder if your dog prefers straight outside air over recirculated in the vents, I dunno if we even have much control over that in the CT. . . I forget, I always have mine in auto. How come cars can't be smart enough to switch the HVAC back to "sync" (temps between driver/passenger) when it senses someone is no longer sitting in the passenger seat? It knows darn well when no one is sitting there. It annoys me every time - because no passenger remembers to switch it back, I don't remember it was set differently, then a few hours or a day goes by and I'm wondering why I have a low pressure front and a high pressure front colliding near my armrest.

-ace

·
Registered
621 Posts
My dog cannot take the g-forces incurred during a turn when trying to stick head out window, it's rather maddening for her, thus her preferred mode of vehicular travel: kangaroo style.

I wonder if your dog prefers straight outside air over recirculated in the vents, I dunno if we even have much control over that in the CT. . . I forget, I always have mine in auto. How come cars can't be smart enough to switch the HVAC back to "sync" (temps between driver/passenger) when it senses someone is no longer sitting in the passenger seat? It knows darn well when no one is sitting there. It annoys me every time - because no passenger remembers to switch it back, I don't remember it was set differently, then a few hours or a day goes by and I'm wondering why I have a low pressure front and a high pressure front colliding near my armrest.

-ace
That seems like such an obvious and easy feature for a car to have. Nice thinking.

My dog actually prefers to look over my left shoulder while I drive. I think what happens there is that:

1) She gets some wind breeze from the door side vent and
2) She can also see down the road and
3) She can see me moving around with the vehicle.

I read once that dogs like riding in cars so much because it simulates running in a pack, with the human as the pack leader. All moving and bobbing in unison.

Not sure if that's true, but my dog seems to like it.

:)

(I only crack the windows very slightly in the rear for her while we're moving... I'm still not completely convinced that she knows not to jump out to chase a squirrel as we're driving down the road.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts