Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings...:)
I have damaged the roof antenna and am asking if anyone knows how to repair it? I broke off the top black antenna and dislodged the color matched base so that there is a half inch gap at the the rear of the base. I presume I need to replace the entire antenna assembly but, have no idea how to get it off the roof panel.
Thanks
Ron
Brownsburg, IN

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's attached on the inside of the car, the headliner would have to come down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I found a parts fitch online and have a idea of what I need to do. I managed to pop loose the rear two roof liner clips to reach the inside antenna base and will try to get it off. I may have to pop loose a couple more liner clips so I don't put a crease in the lining by bending it to much. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's attached on the inside of the car, the headliner would have to come down.

Unfortunately for you my friend, RyansQuick6 is 100% accurate. Try whatever you can (think JB Weld) to fix what you can from the top. Replacement includes more steps than I care to admit to, including working around airbag related items and other sensitive (easily broken) things. Also, the headliner is large and cumbersome, and can break in half kind of easily. Just so you know, and this is just a brief, removal inlcudes the following...

In this order, remove the front seatbelt lower anchor bolts, slide both front seats back and recline them fully, disconnect the battery, remove passenger side kick panel, remove the A pillar trims on both sides, remove the B pillar upper and lower trims on both sides, remove the quarter pillar trims on both sides, remove the rear seat belts, the sunvisors and holders, the grab handles, the drivers dash lower cover, the ceiling light(s), the roof console(lenses, than two mounting screws, then map light, disconnect the electrical connectors and then two more mounting screws), if you have an automatic dimming mirror, remove the mirror harness cover and disconnect the connector, remove the roof console screw grommet, remove the roof wire harness (yes the whole thing) by detaching the driver's side A pillar wire harness clips, remove the antenna lead by detaching the harness clips from the passenger side A pillar, lower the driver's side fuse box (one bolt) and then disconnect and remove the wire harness. From under the passenger's dash, disconnect and remove the antenna lead, from the right rear quarter pillar area, disconnect the antenna lead and the GPS sub harness if equipped and detach retaining clips. From the roof console opening, disconnect the moonroof harness if equipped. With the help of a buddy, remove the seals and weather stripping surrounding the headliner. Release the clips that hold the head liner by pulling straight down the rear first working your way to the front. The head liner is removed through the rear hatch.

Regardless... Good luck!

Let me know if you have any specific questions via PM.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you are SUPER careful, you can just remove the rear trim pieces enough to lower the headliner enough to get in there. It'll suck, but there's easy/cheap way out of this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts