Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the stereo system rocks. I asked the salesman what kind it was and he claimed it was an Unmarked Bose system. Can anyone confirm or dispell this claim? Just curious, thanks :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think the stereo system rocks. I asked the salesman what kind it was and he claimed it was an Unmarked Bose system. Can anyone confirm or dispell this claim? Just curious, thanks :)

Can't confirm or deny that one, but it's a heck of a rumor any way you look at it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I highly doubt it's Bose, since every auto maker plasters labels on stereos when it's a common brand.

Honda uses noise cancellation to make it sound better and aid in eliminating road noise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I heard through the grapevine it's a Pioneer System. Don't know if it's true or not...

·
Registered
594 Posts
The head unit is definitely Pioneer. I had an idea that it was from the way the menus were set up. I had a Pioneer radio that had the same interface in my old car. When we gutted out the coupe's stereo we saw that it said Pioneer on the back. Its the same head unit I have on the CT... We didn't see any names on the speakers but I'll check later...

I really have learned to love this sound system. The highs and lows are separated better than the coupe which has a complete aftermarket system installed. I have the Bose SoundDock 10 and I can say that the CT definitely sounds "Bose-like" in terms of clarity until you start blasting music like I do (I'm sure most of the ppl here don't lol). Its plenty loud for me in the upper 20s to low 30s with no distortion and you gotta love that noise cancellation when you're not blasting music. I can have the volume as low as 2 or 3 and I can still hear the song playing lol.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm about 95% sure that Honda actually makes their own stereo stuff. Through the years of doing car audio installs, most brands have some name on them other than the OE, but Honda just says Honda, nothing else.

I've never been a fan of any Bose system, as they're all 2-ohm and seem to require 1000 speakers hidden all over the car to sound decent. Also if one piece fails, which seems to be pretty common, you have to buy the overpriced dealer part or replace your entire stereo system, headunit, amps, ALL speakers etc.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think that's just the Navigation part of the system that is Alpine, the sound processing, speakers, etc I believe is all Honda

·
Registered
124 Posts
Regardless of who makes it, I have come to appreciate the no rattling from this setup. Though it seems to have the same bass flaws found on most cars equipped with a BOSE system, I can most certainly live with it. I'm a huge audiophile, and would never buy a BOSE system, but I hate rattling WAYYYY more than knowing something has similar characteristics as BOSE systems. I also hate custom systems in cars. I would always prefer a good stock system over a jacked up custom system. If I had my way, the CT's would come with an optional B&O, MarkL, or B&W system(from my best to worst...worst, haha). I can dream, can't I:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lol I worded it wrong. I meant to say Honda worked with Pioneer to develop the system. Meaning they probably used the interface from Pioneer systems. For the sticker at the bottom of the head unit, it says Honda in the top left corner but the bottom of the sticker it says Pioneer Corporation. I'm sure the speakers are Honda because they're nothing special. The speakers aren't cardboard like in most Hondas but that's about it.

I only like aftermarket systems when done right. I hate when ppl buy the loudest thing they can afford and stuff it into their cars without doing the necessary homework first...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I forgot to mention, whatever complete system is in the CT, it is also the same one found in the TSX Sports Wagon with the standard premium system, not the one with ELS. I know this because we were going to buy that. It has produces the same sound qualities, layout, size, and UI.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think the CT sound system sound great and the white noise helps all around. I know a lot of reviews complain about the CT having too many bottons but I like all the buttons:D

Oh yea, I have a Bose system in my other car and we call it the "Blows Sound" system. It's not all that good

·
Registered
183 Posts
I sure hope it isn't a BOSE system....I'd have to sell the car. I find the system adequate but nothing special... agree with the previous poster who'd like a B&O or B&W system....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not sure what type of sound system is in my CT but it sounds nice. The only problem I have is the crappy "subwoofer" in the back. Does anyone know how to open the enclosure so that I can replace it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts