Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
+1 definitely found a market... I see them quite frequently around the Washington, DC metro area these days. Back in 2010 it was an extremely rare occurrence. Hopefully large enough that the CT does not go the way of the Element :/

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have yet to see a Crosstour Advertisement, (except on the Honda website).

Only reason I knew about the CT is it first impressed me at the 2010 LA Autoshow. One of the few cars there that I fit comfortable in! I also thought it was quite a good looking car, even more so now that I own one!

What's up with Honda not pushing the Crosstour?:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have yet to see a Crosstour Advertisement, (except on the Honda website).

The only reason I knew about the CT is it first impressed me at the 2010 LA Autoshow. One of the few cars there that I fit comfortable in! I also thought it was quite a good looking car, even more so now that I own one!

What's up with Honda not pushing the Crosstour?:confused:
The only reason that Honda does not advertise the Crosstour might be that the government is pushing MPG standards for the entire line of a manufacturer. Since Crosstours have lower MPG than other Hondas, Honda would like to sell more of the efficient models than the less efficient ones. One way to do this is to advertise the efficient models more than the others.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hidden Messages

I just traded my '10 XT for a 2013 Crosstour.

I went into the dealership with the idea that I would be interested if my monthly out of pocket (loan payment) was the same, I would trade.

It took a lot of time, but eventually, I ended up with a new car and a payment $10 higher than my current.

My 2010 had 63k miles on it and needed new tires.

From comments that my salesman made - and the experience in all, it was pretty apparent that Crosstour sales are not where they want them to be. I was ready to walk out of the dealership with my '10 keys, but it became pretty obvious that once they figured out that they had someone who was interested in a new Crosstour, they would do everything they could to sell one.

If you are interested in a new Crosstour, now might be the time - it was for me and I sure like the enhanced tech features.

MnMike

·
Registered
79 Posts
If numbers stay steady, it won't be going anywhere. Look at the numbers of some if the smaller cars . . . Insight, cr-z, civic hybrid . . . All selling way less. It's actually in line with Ridgeline Sales.

The big question is, how many of those sales are '13s, and how many are '12s that were being sold with nearly no dealer profit and a $3500 dealer incentive on top of it?

I got my '12 in December for $8800 off sticker after the deal was all done. They can't continue selling at that margin . . . It would cut into Accord sales too much. :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
If numbers stay steady, it won't be going anywhere. Look at the numbers of some if the smaller cars . . . Insight, cr-z, civic hybrid . . . All selling way less. It's actually in line with Ridgeline Sales.

The big question is, how many of those sales are '13s, and how many are '12s that were being sold with nearly no dealer profit and a $3500 dealer incentive on top of it?

I got my '12 in December for $8800 off sticker after the deal was all done. They can't continue selling at that margin . . . It would cut into Accord sales too much. :p
Great you got such a good deal! ... but Accord sales are through the roof! I believe March, April, May 2013 were record-setting months for Accord sales ... not sure if Honda is even concerned about not selling enough of them ...

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I traded my BMW 650i in on my 13 CT EX-L and haven't looked back! Used to get the occasional thumbs-up at a stop light from Mustang and Camaro drivers, but in the week I've been in the CT, everyone from grannies to teenyboppers are asking what it is and complimenting the look.

I was seriously considering dropping a bundle to get into an X6 before tranny issues surfaced on the other car (550i) and considering that one has spent 90 days in the dealership for various issues in the two years I've owned it, I was never as happy as the day a coue weeks back that my daughter asked me to come to Honda and look at a Civic she wanted to get into. The CT was just sitting there waiting for me to show up and after we got my daughter settled into a new Civic her two young boys fit into nicely, it was time to talk trade on mine.

This is my fourth new Honda purchase going back to the early 80s and it wasn't difficult to recall NEVER having to bring one in for unscheduled maintenance or trouble.

Kevin

·
Registered
79 Posts
I traded my BMW 650i in on my 13 CT EX-L and haven't looked back! Used to get the occasional thumbs-up at a stop light from Mustang and Camaro drivers, but in the week I've been in the CT, everyone from grannies to teenyboppers are asking what it is and complimenting the look.

I was seriously considering dropping a bundle to get into an X6 before tranny issues surfaced on the other car (550i) and considering that one has spent 90 days in the dealership for various issues in the two years I've owned it, I was never as happy as the day a coue weeks back that my daughter asked me to come to Honda and look at a Civic she wanted to get into. The CT was just sitting there waiting for me to show up and after we got my daughter settled into a new Civic her two young boys fit into nicely, it was time to talk trade on mine.

This is my fourth new Honda purchase going back to the early 80s and it wasn't difficult to recall NEVER having to bring one in for unscheduled maintenance or trouble.

Kevin
I've seen a couple of those X6's around town, they look nice. I just can't see the price difference for the moderate gains in hp. I do however covet the heated steeing wheel from their cold-weather package, and air conditioned seats would be nice too. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I've seen a couple of those X6's around town, they look nice. I just can't see the price difference for the moderate gains in hp. I do however covet the heated steeing wheel from their cold-weather package, and air conditioned seats would be nice too. :cool:
Oohhh...loved the heated steering wheel in both my 645 Vert and 650, but will make do with a pair of gloves when it gets that bad here this winter! :)

I honestly don't see a whole lot of gain for spending, like $30k more for a little (ok, a lot) more gas-guzzle ability and the added temptation of a possible speeding ticket (or worse). I'm seriously happy I didn't find the right M5 and M6 when I first began thinking BMW, the 550 and 650 were more than sufficient to get BMW out of my system, although I did enjoy both. My son is now enjoying the 550 while I'm enjoying more room in the garage.

Having had both at +145 and feeling bad afterward for being irresponsible, I'm completely satisfied with the power in this 13 CT V6 EX-L 4WD!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I've looked at many consumer reviews of the CT on both Edmunds and Cars.com. They are nothing short of spectacular as a group.

It makes me ask when the "car experts" will change their reviews of the car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I get nothing but compliments on the car. Pro reviewers think it's ugly and they will stick to that and downgrade the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I get nothing but compliments on the car. Pro reviewers think it's ugly and they will stick to that and downgrade the car.
I think I've read or watched every single review of the Crosstour, and the verdict is never that great from reviewers. With that said, I think it's about expectations for me - I feel like I knew all the bad and all the good going into my lease. The CT is definitely not for everyone, and that's actually a piece I've come to enjoy and appreciate. A result is low sales, which in terms equates to a level of exclusivity. One of the reasons I chose the Crosstour over an Accord V6 sedan was that the Accords are everywhere - everyone has one. I like driving something that you don't see often. :)

Undoubtably, there are vantage points from which the CT looks a bit ungainly - it's an "odd bird," no doubt. But again - I appreciate how unique it is. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And hey - it enabled me to get a great price!!!! :)

Everyone that has seen my car has also commented on how nice it is, and how much nicer it looks in person. As one reviewer commented, you need to get up close to the CT to appreciate its curves.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think I've read or watched every single review of the Crosstour, and the verdict is never that great from reviewers. With that said, I think it's about expectations for me - I feel like I knew all the bad and all the good going into my lease. The CT is definitely not for everyone, and that's actually a piece I've come to enjoy and appreciate. A result is low sales, which in terms equates to a level of exclusivity. One of the reasons I chose the Crosstour over an Accord V6 sedan was that the Accords are everywhere - everyone has one. I like driving something that you don't see often. :)

Undoubtably, there are vantage points from which the CT looks a bit ungainly - it's an "odd bird," no doubt. But again - I appreciate how unique it is. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And hey - it enabled me to get a great price!!!! :)

Everyone that has seen my car has also commented on how nice it is, and how much nicer it looks in person. As one reviewer commented, you need to get up close to the CT to appreciate its curves.
I'm with you, and I just got another car compliment yesterday. It doesn't stop. I checked out your blog, great photos and videos. I have a similar story. I care for my 95 year young mom and had a Town & County to be able to carry walkers, transports and luggage when I took her to Vegas to visit my bro & SiL. Well, we don't go anymore because of her health reasons and she was having trouble getting into the van. The CT gives me the storage for what I need to haul now and it's lower so it's easier for her to get in. (Tush first swing in legs) she does miss the commanding view from the taller mini-van, though.

I want to relate a navi issue I'm finding. If I try to give the simple voice command "go home" while driving out of a parking lot and using the turn signal, it can take a dozen yells at the car to "go the f#%€ home!!" Honda needs to work on this. I talked to a Honda tech down in Torrance and gave him a blow by low and some other Navi "joys." I hope firmware updates are doable! :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm with you, and I just got another car compliment yesterday. It doesn't stop. I checked out your blog, great photos and videos. I have a similar story. I care for my 95 year young mom and had a Town & County to be able to carry walkers, transports and luggage when I took her to Vegas to visit my bro & SiL. Well, we don't go anymore because of her health reasons and she was having trouble getting into the van. The CT gives me the storage for what I need to haul now and it's lower so it's easier for her to get in. (Tush first swing in legs) she does miss the commanding view from the taller mini-van, though.

I want to relate a navi issue I'm finding. If I try to give the simple voice command "go home" while driving out of a parking lot and using the turn signal, it can take a dozen yells at the car to "go the f#%€ home!!" Honda needs to work on this. I talked to a Honda tech down in Torrance and gave him a blow by low and some other Navi "joys." I hope firmware updates are doable! :eek:
Thanks for checking out my Crosstour blog! :)

Re: i-MID screen and Navi ... yes, it can be a little sensitive. Mostly, I find it to be extremely inconsistent, so I'm not surprised by the issue you've shared. Honda does need to work on the Navi system - BIG time. I do find it helpful to let the system completely boot up before attacking it with commands. I've also learned that using the right signal, which activates the LaneWatch screen, completely interrupts (and upsets) the Navi. I believe there is a function to override this, though ... I passed over it once ... I think. :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts