Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperate!!!
I need serious advise and low cost. I had my 2012 CT ex v6 lowered at a shop. BUT! They didn't say how it would be done and I am not knowledgeable on cars. So long story short, they lowered my CT by heating up coils/springs i think thet are called. Now my CT is so bouncy like a low rider and especially in the front. I don't know what to do to help stop the bounce. Im thinking adjustable shock absorbers? Can anyone help with advise? Please!!:cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the color but hate what happened to your suspension. Not a good idea to mess with your springs that way. Definitely need to get rid of what you have and get stock back in or parts made for lowering the car. Only cheap option is to drive it like it is. Until the spring breaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it's bouncy it's a problem with the shocks as that's their function - to dampen the rebound from the spring. If the coil is actually a strut then the spring is wrapped around the shock and it's a single unit. Heating the coil on that would possibly damage the seal in the shock basically ruining it and making it unable to stop the car from bouncing. I'd check that out first and go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's bouncy it's a problem with the shocks as that's their function - to dampen the rebound from the spring. If the coil is actually a strut then the spring is wrapped around the shock and it's a single unit. Heating the coil on that would possibly damage the seal in the shock basically ruining it and making it unable to stop the car from bouncing. I'd check that out first and go from there.
Love the color but hate what happened to your suspension. Not a good idea to mess with your springs that way. Definitely need to get rid of what you have and get stock back in or parts made for lowering the car. Only cheap option is to drive it like it is. Until the spring breaks.
Yeah, I was thinking that. If I knew they wetter going to lower it that way, I wouldn't have done it. I don't know what to do? As of a result of the Pandemic money is an issue. Can I have adjustable shock absorbers or in to help for now?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your time and info. How can I find out if it's a single unit myself. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that. If I knew they wetter going to lower it that way, I wouldn't have done it. I don't know what to do? As of a result of the Pandemic money is an issue. Can I have adjustable shock absorbers or in to help for now?

Id just whip around like you have it and save for replacements. Changing any parts now that doesn’t include new springs is just throwing good money after bad. You’re not gonna fix it until you replace those. Put back $50 a month until you can pay to put whatever you want on it. Just do it right the second time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Id just whip around like you have it and save for replacements. Changing any parts now that doesn’t include new springs is just throwing good money after bad. You’re not gonna fix it until you replace those. Put back $50 a month until you can pay to put whatever you want on it. Just do it right the second time.
Thank you. WVEX-L
I totally agree, you're absolutely correct. Will my CT still be lowered? It doesn't sound like it. Either way, I want it done right and more importantly, for safety reasons. Its not that much $$$. I thought it would cost way more....
I can have it lowered the right way, after I fix it... Im glad to have found this CT forum. Now I can be informed Before I pay someone to do a halfas$ job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You’re welcome. The cheapest way to fix it is to put stock stuff in. Thats what I linked. I’ve only mildly put some research into lowering our cars but it looks like custom built springs or bags are the options. $$$$

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You’re welcome. The cheapest way to fix it is to put stock stuff in. Thats what I linked. I’ve only mildly put some research into lowering our cars but it looks like custom built springs or bags are the options. $$$$
Wow. Okay, I was told also ray that I could get Acura set up(spring and strut assembly for the front. That they are the are compatible. That week key it keyed i believe. ANS NAGS?? I'm not familiar with those. Now, bags??? Bags sound expensive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lots of Acura stuff bolts in no problem. Not sure what that will do for you in ride height though. And it doesn’t sound like you’re in the position to experiment with different coil springs to find what you want. Hopefully someone with prior experience on those will speak up. And yes custom air bag suspension is very expensive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lots of Acura stuff bolts in no problem. Not sure what that will do for you in ride height though. And it doesn’t sound like you’re in the position to experiment with different coil springs to find what you want. Hopefully someone with prior experience on those will speak up. And yes custom air bag suspension is very expensive.
Thank you i have been doing extensive research since the hack job. Im learning quite a bit but CT's are hard to find lots of things for. Thank u very much due taking your time to educate me on this topic. I appreciate you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good discussion and lots of good advice. One of the reasons I bought the CT was for the ground clearance (Canadian winters and lousy road maintenance) so I wouldn't be looking to lower it, but to each their own. It would probably look awesome lowered with some skirting...just not on mine, thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts