Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my CT last week. It was advertised at 1.9% interest for 60 months. I figured that wasn’t too bad as I was also looking at a Subaru Outback at 3.9%. Anyway, during the process of purchasing this vehicle you must go through the various steps. One of the steps is the Finance Manager. This is the part where they put on the pressure for your to purchase the rust proofing, the special clear coat paint protector, etc. etc. Actually, the finance manager had it all calculated with what my monthly payment would be with each new add-on I decided to get. Well, having working most my life in a dealership, I am familiar with this game and pretty much put my mind on ignore-the-bozo. He tried to sell me the Simonize paint protector and other protectors. Nope. He asked me if I was interested in an extended warranty. Always interested in what they have to say, I said, tell me about it. He said that right now, Honda has a special deal on Crosstours extended warranties. That if you purchase the extended warranty Honda will drop the interest rate from 1.9% to 0.9%. My wife, who is a CPA calculated that with the new interest rate, the Honda service contract is now costing us about $350 or about $6.00 per month more on our payment. This extends the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty to 6 years 80,000 miles. Normally this Honda Service Contract costs around $1650. If you just purchased your CT, you might check with your selling dealer to see if this deal is available. Remember that this is $100 deductable. I figured that if something major goes out even once, that it more than pay for itself. Also remember that if you do your own maintenance as I do, keep records. It’s not necessary for the Honda dealer to service your vehicle to keep your warranty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts