Honda Crosstour Forums banner

CT - Going down the Road Observation

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Army Dad 
#1 ·
I had an opportunity to follow the boss down the road, she in the CT, me in the Ridgeline. It was dark and with my lights shining on the back of the CT I observed that you not only see the exhaust tips but the entire muffler. It makes one think that there is a piece missing off of the lower back bumper.

Never noticed it before, I'm sure the headlights put the car 'onstage' but it really looked crappy.

Do I get the 'rant' of the day?

#2 ·
I had an opportunity to follow the boss down the road, she in the CT, me in the Ridgeline. It was dark and with my lights shining on the back of the CT I observed that you not only see the exhaust tips but the entire muffler. It makes one think that there is a piece missing off of the lower back bumper.

Never noticed it before, I'm sure the headlights put the car 'onstage' but it really looked crappy.

Do I get the 'rant' of the day?
Does your CT have that dark gray plastic piece below the rear bumper through which the exhaust tips protrude?

#4 ·
Yes it does Fred. The observation is that you can see the whole muffer behind the exhaust tips. Probably a combo of the 'eake' of the car and the muffler being right there at the back.

#3 ·
PLEASE Chefmark, Don't hurt him. ;)

#8 ·

Look under EVERY car on the road, and you will see it, wether it's a $10k kia or a $125k 760. Your nipicking, if it bothers you, paint it GLOSS black.

I say gloss because flat black will actually make it stand out more.
I agree, Most cars today seem to have that issue with the muffler showing. I think it is a by product of trying to make more room in the cabin area. I also do not like it but I have seen a lot of other cars that you can see the whole muffler.

#5 · (Edited)
Here's a pic of what I think you mean on my CT and here's a pic of my old sedan. Do you mean that you can see the muffler behind the exhaust tips like in the pic or do you mean its sticking out completely (is the entire muffler sticking out under the bumper)? I think that's a new thing with the 8th gen v6 Accords, they all seem to have it set up that way.

#6 ·
Look under EVERY car on the road, and you will see it, wether it's a $10k kia or a $125k 760. Your nipicking, if it bothers you, paint it GLOSS black.

I say gloss because flat black will actually make it stand out more.

#9 ·
It is noticeable but its so common that it doesn't bother me and it definitely would not deter me from buying a car, but I see how it could be an eyesore for some. Painting it black would definitely make it less noticeable.

If you're considering painting the mufflers black, you should also consider the inside of the exhaust tips. The inside of the exhaust tips can get very dirty if not given any attention and I've seen people paint it black to not worry about them looking dirty. I just clean them every time I wash the car and every once in while pass some metal polish.

#10 ·
It is noticeable but its so common that it doesn't bother me and it definitely would not deter me from buying a car, but I see how it could be an eyesore for some. Painting it black would definitely make it less noticeable.

If you're considering painting the mufflers black, you should also consider the inside of the exhaust tips. The inside of the exhaust tips can get very dirty if not given any attention and I've seen people paint it black to not worry about them looking dirty. I just clean them every time I wash the car and every once in while pass some metal polish.
:D
Your are THE MAN, I do the same thing, I use a metal polish to get inside the tips. Looks nice that way

#12 ·
LOL hell yea I make those tips look better than they did day one!

#14 ·
Would it be rice if I were to paint the inside of my tips orange?
(I used "rice" in a sentence, Pedro. I'm now cool. ;)

-fred

#15 ·
lolol that would be beyond "rice" that's heading into the category of crazy!

#19 ·
Not a problem, an observation. Then, after observing , not liking it. I'm on to bigger things now. Selling land in the Gulf Stream.
Sounds kinda fishy to me... ;)

-fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.