Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried Cruise control for the first time in CT. I found out that it seems to want to stay in ECO mode as much as it can even if it means dropping the speed by up to 5mph?

I live in NC and its not perfectly flat... so it is a bit annoying that the speed drop that much on cruise control. It might be better to save gas but I don't like to be "That guy".

On another note, does the VCM works at "all speed range"? For example if I am just cruising on country road at 35 mph? or 45 mph? or does it work in a more high way speed situation?

Will VCM activate more if I use cruise control instead of light foot?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Rogazilla - You are correct...the Crosstour will shut off as many as three cylinders when they are not needed. If you have the Navi system, you can see the fuel calculations change as it switches from 6, 4, or 3 cylinders. It works at all speeds and can be verified by the green "ECO" light on the instrument panel that turns on and off as you are driving. There is no different indication when it switches from four to three cylinders, but it will light when the motor is no longer operating on all six.

Regarding cruise control, I haven't noticed that with mine at any speed or terrain. We did a test with the GPS in order to determine how accurate the speedometer is, but haven't noticed any changes in speed whether in ECO mode or not. We should be driving ours from the Dallas area to Denver next month where I'll take it up I-70 toward the continental divide. That has always been a good test run for power vs cruise control capabilities.

BTW - Thanks for posting the link, that's a great resource to explain just what VCM is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got back from a road trip over Christmas where I used cruise control a good bit. I didn't notice any issue with the car not going the correct speed but it was all flat terrain.

Nice post showing how VCM works, rogazilla.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also live here in NC and travel to southwest Va. frequently. Yes it is rolly here and yes you do become that "Guy" because it will not hold that speed when traveling up a grade, depending on the grade I have seen it drop as much as 6-7 mph but that is a pretty good grade. I am probably going diesel next time and it will be interesting what will happen with a diesel. Will still keep the Crosstour though, so far best car I have ever had in the driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts