Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One week with My new Crosstour -

404 miles - 16.4 Gal. ($3.749 per gal) = 24.6 mi per gal. during about 50/50 city/highway... i was looking for a better return, but I am breaking it in and I am trying to vary my RPM.

I still have not read the manual, but I have used the bluetooth calling feature.

I wish there was a button on the key to unlock the back hatch

Rear visibility is a PITA. Rain makes it worse and the rear wiper sub par/poorly designed.

The tuning and volume dials on the Crosstour is reversed from my wife's Accord.

4cyl is great but at 70 mph there is no power or torque left for hills and passing.

Still love it..

More later, pizza is here.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Your kinda of Grumpy.....:D
I agree on the trunk latch.......

How was the Pizza, We had Papa Johns this evening. 1/2 price off your order when the KC Royals score 5 or more runs and win. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
One week with My new Crosstour -

404 miles - 16.4 Gal. ($3.749 per gal) = 24.6 mi per gal. during about 50/50 city/highway... i was looking for a better return, but I am breaking it in and I am trying to vary my RPM.
I am really hoping for closer to or above 30MPG, in order for my Crosstour to match the wife's old Saturn.

I still have not read the manual, but I have used the bluetooth calling feature.
Freaked me out the first time I was talking to someone outside the car, got in the car, and the BT automatically transferred. Was kind of nice.

I wish there was a button on the key to unlock the back hatch
I think someone on here used an Acura remote and it added a hatch function. Otherwise I guess it's just a matter of always double clicking the unlock.

Rear visibility is a PITA. Rain makes it worse and the rear wiper sub par/poorly designed.
Rear visibility is pretty poor in general. That being said, a lot of sedans these days are no better. I blame the high beltlines.

The tuning and volume dials on the Crosstour is reversed from my wife's Accord.
The large knob for tuning and small one for volume really annoys me. Every single time I grab the wrong one. I'm trying to train myself to use the wheel controls more.

4cyl is great but at 70 mph there is no power or torque left for hills and passing.
This could be a blessing with a lead footed wife, but also a curse for cruise control traveling.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think someone on here used an Acura remote and it added a hatch function. Otherwise I guess it's just a matter of always double clicking the unlock.
That was me. It's not complicated, just have to get the right key from Acura...

...but it's pricey, and to tell the truth, I so rarely use the TRUNK button by itself. Haven't in months in fact.

Here is the thread: http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503

·
Registered
622 Posts
My '10 EXL will clear 30 mpg driving 60-65. Go upto 70+ and it starts dropping toward 26 mpg fairly quickly. This is a 6 cyl. of course.

Took about 15k miles to get the 30, give it a little time.

Agree on the hatch latch.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear wiper is a necessity, but it is almost useless by design.

The small wing with the third light blocks my view of cute moms in traffic behind me.

hehe... love this, and please don't think I am bashing. I actually love the quirks, except for that last one.

My MPG is up so far, but I am mostly highway at the moment. We will see when this second tank drained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts