Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I helped a friend move recently...

It was Me and this other guy with an Accord, and we were able to move all of his stuff in one go...

The biggest items were a 100lbs punching bag, and a set of Bowflex SelectTech adjustable weights, as well as it's stand.

the rear dropped well over an inch, and I drove at no more than 25 mph...
But we did it!

lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very nice to know that our CT can hold all of that stuff. I haven't had to move anyone yet but my wife sure loves the CT for our Home Depot trips. lol

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've definitely gone over the 800 LBS total before...

Me (240 lbs) + 4 other guys all around +200 each... + Gear...

Buy just an FYI:

Guys sitting in the middle of the car distributes the weight a lot more evenly than stuff loaded in the back.

Be very careful when your rear wheel gap gets close to only 1 inch (on stock suspension)...

That's when you need to make sure to drive slow etc.

Very nice to know that our CT can hold all of that stuff. I haven't had to move anyone yet but my wife sure loves the CT for our Home Depot trips. lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nuts to those naysayers that said the shape of the CT wasn't practical, I have filled every crevice with things and it is very practical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I helped a friend move recently...

It was Me and this other guy with an Accord, and we were able to move all of his stuff in one go...

The biggest items were a 100lbs punching bag, and a set of Bowflex SelectTech adjustable weights, as well as it's stand.

the rear dropped well over an inch, and I drove at no more than 25 mph...
But we did it!

lol.
Nice blue led's it's a nice and simple mod but I had problems with the rubbing with the extra weight plus my wheels are 22'' So that doesn't help but it looks good

Attachments

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22" but at Stock Diameter?

I've not had issue rubbing yet as long as I drive very very carefully...

But yeah, I kind of wish I had Air suspension when it comes to these weighted moves.

Nice blue led's it's a nice and simple mod but I had problems with the rubbing with the extra weight plus my wheels are 22'' So that doesn't help but it looks good

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, sure but....

That's pretty impressive but the real test, at least for me, will be to see if my 2015 EXL can hold everything my wife wants to pack for two weeks at the beach next month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts