1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
This is Sufiyan Ansari from Doha, Qatar,
I have Crosstour 2011 FWD V6.
my car is starts shaking when i reach to 120km/hr.
I did balancing & alignment as well but it couldn't fix.
does rotation could result to solve this or the issue is something else

is there anyone who can suggest me better.

Thanks Bros.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi guys,

Thanks Bros.
When driving over bumps in the road, can you hear rattling or clunking noise? Your struts may be worn out.
Worn out CV axles can also cause bouncing or shaking tire.
How many km do you have on your car?

Reactions: rpeeps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice to meet you Ansari. There are threads I have read about CT starting to vibrate at 70mph to about 78mph. Your 120km/hour is 74 miles per hour. A lot of people have it. I do too. I have heard the front axels can warp that causes the vibration. I have yet to read a person had the vibration, replaced the axels and that fixed the problem though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to meet you Ansari. There are threads I have read about CT starting to vibrate at 70mph to about 78mph. Your 120km/hour is 74 miles per hour. A lot of people have it. I do too. I have heard the front axels can warp that causes the vibration. I have yet to read a person had the vibration, replaced the axels and that fixed the problem though.
I have a 2012 EX L V6 AWD w/nav and 50K miles. Front end vibration (esp upon acceleration) started around 47K just after I replaced the stock Michelin tires with Yokohamas. Thought it might be the tire balance. Had the 4 wheel alignment done with the tires. Took it back to the tire shop at around 49k. They diagnosed both front axles needing replacement. They recommended oem. They said their research indicated that after market axles, while less expensive, tend to have a higher failure rate on this vehicle. I trust the shop (they used to be a customer of mine) so I paid for the oem axles. So far so good. Vibration gone and car performs great. Anyone else have experience with relatively early axle failure on this vehicle?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2012 EX L V6 AWD w/nav and 50K miles. Front end vibration (esp upon acceleration) started around 47K just after I replaced the stock Michelin tires with Yokohamas. Thought it might be the tire balance. Had the 4 wheel alignment done with the tires. Took it back to the tire shop at around 49k. They diagnosed both front axles needing replacement. They recommended oem. They said their research indicated that after market axles, while less expensive, tend to have a higher failure rate on this vehicle. I trust the shop (they used to be a customer of mine) so I paid for the oem axles. So far so good. Vibration gone and car performs great. Anyone else have experience with relatively early axle failure on this vehicle?
I will be replacing the axles on my 99k mile CT soon. I'm fairly certain that my drivers side axle is the source of my left front wheel on and off bouncing / vibration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Crosstour EXL AWD. At around 130,000 miles I also experienced this problem. I noticed it was more pronounced on harder acceleration. It turned out to be the CV shafts on the front wheels. There is a rubber dampener built into the factory shafts that when failing allows them to go off center under hard acceleration and/or high speed. This then creates an imbalance that shakes the car. Mine slowly got worse and worse until it was shaking at all highway speeds.I replaced them with Autozone shafts. They are lifetime guaranteed and about half the price of the Honda shafts that had a very limited guarantee. I do not notice any negatives when driving. I still have the old ones. They are long and heavy.I am very disappointed in Honda on this detail. I love Honda's and really love my Crosstour. I see this as an engineering failure that should have been avoided.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2012 Crosstour EXL AWD. At around 130,000 miles I also experienced this problem. I noticed it was more pronounced on harder acceleration. It turned out to be the CV shafts on the front wheels. There is a rubber dampener built into the factory shafts that when failing allows them to go off center under hard acceleration and/or high speed. This then creates an imbalance that shakes the car. Mine slowly got worse and worse until it was shaking at all highway speeds.I replaced them with Autozone shafts. They are lifetime guaranteed and about half the price of the Honda shafts that had a very limited guarantee. I do not notice any negatives when driving. I still have the old ones. They are long and heavy.I am very disappointed in Honda on this detail. I love Honda's and really love my Crosstour. I see this as an engineering failure that should have been avoided.
I would not call this an engineering failure. CV axles are common among many auto manufacturers. They wear out faster depending on the driving habits of its owner. If more city driving with left and right turns, this creates more wear. If exposed to a more corrosive environment, then likely rust becomes a factor. I live in Texas and my 245k mile Crosstour is driven 90% highway. We do not drive on salted roads. The CV axles are original and are not having any issues. My 99k mile Crosstour was driven by a school teacher who made left and right turns going across town for 9 months out of the year for 6 years (87k miles). I am now begining to see signs that my CV axles are in need of replacing on this vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is starting to happen with my car from around 72mph-78mph.

I'll have to drop my car off and ask them to inspect the CV joints.

Anything else I should ask them to inspect? (I'll use the Honda dealer.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took it in and they said the left and right drive shafts needed to be replaced.

L. Part: 44306tp6a02
R: Part: 44306tp6a03

Each were 571.76 for parts, and $315 for install. So $1,772 but I got a $200 off coupon.

The verdict after driving it for an hour: I think it fixed it.

I'm going to drive in the mountains tomorrow - but I did some drives today going up hills and going from 70-80 several times and staying in that range for minutes at a time and I think it's gone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took it in and they said the left and right drive shafts needed to be replaced.

Each were 571.76 for parts, and $315 for install. So $1,772 but I got a $200 off coupon.

The verdict after driving it for an hour: I think it fixed it.

I'm going to drive in the mountains tomorrow - but I did some drives today going up hills and going from 70-80 several times and staying in that range for minutes at a time and I think it's gone.
Glad it's fixed!
I'm optimistic now.
I'm going to DIY soon. The best price I can find right now for OEM, the left one is $428.
For left, I'm showing Part # 44306-TP6-A03

·
Registered
5 Posts
When driving over bumps in the road, can you hear rattling or clunking noise? Your struts may be worn out.
Worn out CV axles can also cause bouncing or shaking tire.
How many km do you have on your car?
hi guys,

Thanks Bros.
Based on my shops' recommendation I replaced both front axles with oem parts. Definitely fixed the problem. But I wish I had done some more research. As Jaced pointed out, he purchased Auto Zone parts at a much lower price with a lifetime warranty! Next time (if needed!).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Based on my shops' recommendation I replaced both front axles with oem parts. Definitely fixed the problem. But I wish I had done some more research. As Jaced pointed out, he purchased Auto Zone parts at a much lower price with a lifetime warranty! Next time (if needed!).
I still have not bought CV axle replacement yet. Orielly auto parts sells remanufactured ones for $76. Limited Lifetime Warranty. I guess I'd risk my own DIY labor to try and save $353 on one CV axle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys,

Thanks Bros.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m Jon Guren from Palm Harbor, FL. I recently bought a 2015 CT V6 AWD with 76,000 New York State all-weather Goodyear tire miles on it (as I drive northwards in February). Yes, there’s rust underneath, but as yet no discernable vibration. The axles seem okay so far. I like the car -- but due to poor cornering and wide turning radius, I’ll be looking for better tires fairly soon. Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’m Jon Guren from Palm Harbor, FL. I recently bought a 2015 CT V6 AWD with 76,000 New York State all-weather Goodyear tire miles on it (as I drive northwards in February). Yes, there’s rust underneath, but as yet no discernable vibration. The axles seem okay so far. I like the car -- but due to poor cornering and wide turning radius, I’ll be looking for better tires fairly soon. Any ideas?
If you do a lot of highway driving, we love our High Performance Sumitomo HTR AS P02s. We cruise at 75mph and even more on some roads in Texas. These can take a corner without having to let off the gas. We put 62k miles on our last set that was rated at 60k. We also recently put a set of them on our Honda Pilot and that vehicle can corner now. Not a fan if squishy touring tires at high speeds.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A/S+P03&partnum=26VR8HTRASP03&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Crosstour+V6&autoModClar=EX-L&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Crosstour+V6&autoModClar=EX-L
Well, it looks like P02 is now the new P03. Looks like the same tire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought the O'Reilly's remanufactured CV Axle by MasterPro (drivers side) and installed it today. I'm happy to report the left turn wobble is gone an no left tire bounce at high speeds. Hopefully it lasts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought the O'Reilly's remanufactured CV Axle by MasterPro (drivers side) and installed it today. I'm happy to report the left turn wobble is gone an no left tire bounce at high speeds. Hopefully it lasts.
Man, I remember when I was very you and would do stuff like this.

Congrats on doing it yourself - as I get older and a little more money I just pay for people to do it.

I kind of miss doing things like this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For anyone, like me, who wants to attempt a DIY job. Here is a video showing an 8th Gen Accord......basically the same vehicle as a Crosstour.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts