Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a sunny day, the display goes very dark to the point that i cannot see what is going on rear view or the map for that matter, and trust me the camera is clean.
On Cloudy day it works normally.
On similar priced sedan from the competition, their system is not even recess in the dark as it is in the cross tour, AND in full sunny exposure it does normally offers a clear view.

Does any one else has that sort of problem?

Please email me at [email protected]
thank you
RF

·
Registered
621 Posts
Interesting.

Adjusting the brightness settings have no effect?

(There are different settings with both the headlamps on and off.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have this same issue but it is when I am wearing my sunglasses. I have noticed if I am backing out of my garage the screen will get switch brightness when I hit daylight. I always assumed it was the head lights turning off.

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
I have this same issue but it is when I am wearing my sunglasses. I have noticed if I am backing out of my garage the screen will get switch brightness when I hit daylight. I always assumed it was the head lights turning off.
If you wear polarized sunglasses, the combination may be cancelling out your ability to view the (also polarized) screen... if you rotate your head/viewing angle ~20 degrees it may become visible.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you wear polarized sunglasses, the combination may be cancelling out your ability to view the (also polarized) screen... if you rotate your head/viewing angle ~20 degrees it may become visible.
Excellent point!

This would explain why the problem only exists on sunny days... as it's the only time when the driver is wearing sunglasses!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experience the same rearview monitor problem - sunny days nearly 'wash out' the monitor (without sunglasses on), great view when sky is overcast, cloudy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Make sure that your Light Sensor located in the top middle of your dashboard is not covered. I threw a "Yellow Notepad" up on my dashboard the other day and the screen on my 2013 went almost completely dark in the middle of the day. One of those "What the Hell???" moments.... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts