Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the camera out and it was such a fine day today that I took a few pictures. The black wheels came out nice. I’m negotiating for a black mesh grille and once I do that, I’ll be done for a while.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have the maximum tint allowed by law in Kansas, which is 35%. Because the interior is black, it tends to look darker than it is. Check your state and local laws for maximum tint darkness.

The wheels are stock, painted satin black, and have American Racing chrome center caps. I like these much better than the “H” center caps.

A new grille was ordered yesterday from E&G Classics. E&G Classics just changed their Crosstour grilles. They used to have their mesh grilles notched out in the center for placement of the “H” Honda emblem (see attached picture). They told me that there has been enough interest to start making the grilles without the notching for the emblem (which is how I wanted it). If you do order a grille, make sure you specify that you want one without the notches for the center “H” emblem. Many sellers of these grilles have old stock that still has the notches. E&G just changed over eliminating the notches in the last week or two.

I’ll photograph the installation of the grille once it gets here. Will I leave the grille chrome mesh? Nope! I’ll likely paint it to match the wheels.

Anyone with suggestions on how to remove the 'H' from the steering wheel without it looking too bad?

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
The rims look real good painted satin black... Good mod...

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lisa13, welcome to the CT forum. The fad nowadays seems to be black wheels. Once you have them, you start to notice everyone else with black wheels, its almost a black wheel club.

It can be someone who just removed their hubcaps showing a stock black wheel, rattle can painted (cheap can of spray paint), all the way up to custom wheels. Yes, I joined the ‘black wheel club’ a few months ago and would not go back. I am aware that custom black wheels can be very expensive. It would not be difficult to spend $1000 or more for wheels, shipping, mounting, balancing, etc. I didn’t want to go that route. I like the stock CT mag wheel, but just didn’t like the color, I decided on the color and then did my research and then painted my wheels.

I did a ‘How To’ going step by step how to paint your wheels. Check out on the How To section of this board and review the ‘How to Paint Your Wheels’ thread. I’m very happy with the way they came out and would recommend it highly. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can find all sorts of wheel shops or body shops who can give you an estimate to do it for you.

Keep in mind with a little masking tape, you can put any design on the wheels you want. I started to work toward this path, but my artistic ability is minimal to zero.

If you have any questions about wheel painting, just email me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
where did you get the paint

Had the camera out and it was such a fine day today that I took a few pictures. The black wheels came out nice. I’m negotiating for a black mesh grille and once I do that, I’ll be done for a while.
Wherer did you buy the paint and can you give me some tips on how to?

Thank You

1 - 9 of 9 Posts